Mx6 questions and discussions

On 8/6/2020 at 8:51 PM, June8 said:

Hello,

I want to report a bug about Search engines. As you know only first 5 of the search engines show up in the list in drop-down list as a default. New customized search engines doesn't show up in the drop-down list in search box. I delete the default search engines Yahoo, Duckduckgo etc. and add Google.com and others. But then only shows the default engine, rest of them doesn't seem to show up in the list.

Hi there, click the "default" button then you can find it from the search engine list of new tab page.

Maxthon Snap20200812153520.png

2 hours ago, BugSir006 said:

Hi there, click the "default" button then you can find it from the search engine list of new tab page.

2 hours ago, BugSir006 said:

Thank you for the answer.

I know. I clicked after add the custom search engine. But the problem is not the default custom search engine. 
As I already stated in my post; the rest of them does not show up. Please refer to the picture 1-4. No matter which custom search engine choose as a default, the rest of the custom search engines not show up. 

2nd problem; If the newly added custom search engine chosen as default, I cannot search from address bar. Writing the search term and press enter sometimes work sometimes not (especially not work after restarting MX6).Refer to the picture 5-6
For example:
                 * If I select and copy something from any website or from clipboard or enter manually (word, sentence....) (e.g. "cloud storage"), then "Paste and search                   for" option (right click to address bar) grayed out (although not working for new default custom search engine either). But if it is website address then it                   is working.

Writing search term in an address bar and hit enter do not work. But if it is a website address then it is working as it shoal be (e.g. "https://en.wikipedia.org).Please refer                  to picture 7-10.

3rd problem: If I select a word or sentence in the web page and drag and drop, MX6 doesn't open new tab and search. If I Drag and drop to the address bar, MX6 does paste it to address bar but, hitting enter does nothing. Refer to picture 11
             *But if,  dragged and drooped item is a link, then MX6 opens the new tab and go to the address as it should be. Refer to picture 12.

01_01.png

01_02.png

01_03.png

01_04.png

01_05.png

01_06.png

02_07.png

02_08.png

02_09.png

02_10.png

02_11.png

02_12.png

Hi, 

download option are inherit to chorme instead like MX5 an extra download manager are provided. 
may i ask if the manager are removed? 

another is that beta version update, is it really auto or manual update required? eg, 

image.png.762c47df9ee916b8ac7e1dd1b8751a92.png

while the lastest update now is  V6.0.0.2700. i'm ok to update manually since its Beta version, but probably better to detect the version on the "about page" , rather not go to change log page to download the whole installer again. 

On 8/3/2020 at 8:52 AM, Rainman said:

When it becomes possible to save the page in MHTML and QuickAccess with screenshots in MX6, please remind me of this. Until then, there's no point in even looking. This isn't Maxthon yet.
Version:6.1.0.400(64 бит)
Maxthon 6 browser is up to date

Maxthon.com - saved as mhtml and then opened from file

Снимок.PNG

Hello, I couldn't find this issue anywhere else so I'll ask it here:
MX5 had a simple yet very useful feature of clearing data (history, address bar, cache, etc.) on exit.
This feature really helps keeping everything clean and tidy - is it available on MX6 and if not, will it be? 

Image from MX5:

image.png.3fc0dde19b1017f923de39cbfc742a6a.png

Edited by TheWhitestOfFangs
typo
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, TheWhitestOfFangs said:

MX5 had a simple yet very useful feature of clearing data (history, address bar, cache, etc.) on exit.
This feature really helps keeping everything clean and tidy - is it available on MX6 and if not, will it be? 

Image from MX5:

Similar but not the same. It's located in Settings/Advanced/Privacy and Security.

post3dmg4_zps398d3651.jpgWindows 10 64-bit build 10525/Windows 10 Mobile build 10512

2 hours ago, TheWhitestOfFangs said:

Image from MX5:

I really hope that

1 hour ago, pillainp said:

I am unable to download any version of Maxthon 6 Beta. The download page never serves the download and the connection times out.

Is it a closed test or is there another way to download?

Please help.

here is the latest give it a try
https://dl.maxthon.cn/mx6/maxthon_6.1.0.400_beta_x64.exe

Update:

here is it on google drive if you still can't download the first one

https://drive.google.com/file/d/18ZtpOUAC7p9-UyfGIx-1kFdNZ6G9BFJE/view?usp=sharing

Edited by Mhzayer
added info

10 hours ago, Mhzayer said:

here is the latest give it a try
https://dl.maxthon.cn/mx6/maxthon_6.1.0.400_beta_x64.exe

Update:

here is it on google drive if you still can't download the first one

https://drive.google.com/file/d/18ZtpOUAC7p9-UyfGIx-1kFdNZ6G9BFJE/view?usp=sharing

Hi,

Thanks for the help.

For some strange reason, I simply cannot download it from my home internet connection, using either link above.

The dl.maxthon link times out, and the Google Drive link says Access Denied.

I was however able to download from dl.maxthon using my mobile data provider. Strange.

Edited by pillainp

3 hours ago, pillainp said:

Hi,

Thanks for the help.

For some strange reason, I simply cannot download it from my home internet connection, using either link above.

The dl.maxthon link times out, and the Google Drive link says Access Denied.

I was however able to download from dl.maxthon using my mobile data provider. Strange.

Good to know you could at last

On 8/23/2020 at 4:51 PM, zsolt1 said:

In the latest version window buttons (_, # and x) ) in the right up corner are missing. They are available in right click, still....

Hi there, could you describe this issue in detail? It would be appreciated if you can provide a short video of it.

On 8/21/2020 at 6:41 PM, Raniw said:

When will the (classic, left) Favorites (bookmarks) sidebar appear in Maxthon 6?
P.S. Sorry for bad English.

Hi there, the sidebar will not be added in a short time. But we will continue optimizing the Maxthon 6 according to users' advice.