Mx6 questions and discussions

3 hours ago, projektilski said:

Vivaldi is good browser but it is still missing an option to open new tab from address bar with just enter (and not some other key combination) which is crucial for me.

You are right, My sister uses Vivaldi but really lacks some of the features in Maxthon

Vivaldi is good browser but still missing a lot of options .. still maxthon the better 

• Like 1

On 5/30/2020 at 12:36 AM, leeuniverse said:

I don't really think you're familiar with how long entirely NEW browser releases take, especially one that's based on an entirely NEW browser core.
Especially since Maxthon has some unique features that other Chromium browsers are mostly to lazy to impliment.

Maxthon also doesn't have the HUGE tech teams that other company's tend to have.

I think most users of Maxthon who have benefited from it going back many years are fully appreciative -- BUT, the fact remains that Vivaldi, Opera and others have developed through numerous stages and still have a usable downloadable product, without leaving users of the old version in the dust.  That is what has happened with Max 6.   If too much time goes by without some usable Max 6 version, I don't see why anyone would be sticking around...

Edited by Dan
  • Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Please make it possible to display icons in quick launch in the form of screenshots of sites, as in version MX5.
And also make it possible to change the quick launch grid. So that it could be done on 6 columns, and 8, or 10 for example.
Thank!

New tab_20200620221157.png

Edited by KSab
  • Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
19 hours ago, Honza K. said:

Thank you! is there also plan for custom domain entering, eg. Crtl+Enter triggers  www.xxxx.io, Alt+Enter triggers www.xxx.de etc.?

Hi there, to customize it, you can go to Settings>Advanced>Direct URL>Set up push to talk.

Maxthon Snap20200721145212.png

Downloaded beta. A few remarks. When I close Maxthon, still Maxthon background processes keep running. I guess, they should not be running after closing Maxthon. Adblock extension has some problems in running or not when I press block one ad on this page option. Maybe, this is not Maxthon, just mentioning.  In Passkeeper I cannot edit login name just password. That is all for now. Thanks.

hi there, long time couldn't reset my password, so... thank you for new maxthon, but again as was with v5 in beginning, please do not remove search bar, as nobody know how long maxthon 5 will stay ok for compatibility, it was very long discussion before search bar was getting back in one of old version of mx5... please don't do this again, let maxthon stay with old functions, we all remember, what we lost when mx2.5 become history, don't do this again, please

Edited by einherz

6 minutes ago, caligula73 said:

BugSir006

please answer my question

Hi there, sorry, I cannot confirm the status bar, the dev team will update the browser core first then optimize the browser function one by one. Many functions will be added to Maxthon 6, but they have the different level of priority. ?

20 minutes ago, Rainman said:

When it becomes possible to save the page in MHTML and QuickAccess with screenshots in MX6, please remind me of this. Until then, there's no point in even looking. This isn't Maxthon yet.

Hi there, to save the webpage as HTML, you can right click on webpage then click "save as."

MaxthonSnap20200803100901.pngMaxthonSnap20200803101215.png

Hello,

I want to report a bug about Search engines. As you know only first 5 of the search engines show up in the list in drop-down list as a default. New customized search engines doesn't show up in the drop-down list in search box. I delete the default search engines Yahoo, Duckduckgo etc. and add Google.com and others. But then only shows the default engine, rest of them doesn't seem to show up in the list.InkedMX1_LI.thumb.jpg.bc127cb5d3a8fbfcc9b1f9d09e13f77e.jpgInkedMX2.thumb.jpg.f49655deb8e45e81db7086f69b67c34d.jpgInkedMX3_LI.thumb.jpg.50a25324d7780ac3535409bede3320d8.jpgInkedMX4_LI.thumb.jpg.77e064d3488e54a5ef932f66a2b56622.jpg

Edited by June8

Hello,

In MX5, Customized search engine results can be appear horizontally (my favorite) or vertically whether search term entered via search box or address bar. And also search engines can be dragged to organized differently. Can you please add this option to MX6. This was so easy to search same term in different search engines with just 1 click.

Thank you

MX51_LI.thumb.jpg.338917b4433dbb1b8a8a6c9429aa59ae.jpgMX52_LI.thumb.jpg.fd28de987733a2b8f7968161e52cd2fe.jpgMX53_LI.thumb.jpg.f8de6b0d8cc2bde6312fd3886f285217.jpgMX54_LI.jpg.b2a8656a97f7fc49395fff06303206a2.jpg

Thank you for your efforts.

Suggestion: Please do not take out the proxy option and inherit like how Chrome did. Firefox also having proxy selection option which i think is nice.

Please consider include it back.

Add function or extension for VPN option would be even great. 

Suggestion on translation - can be done with extension as well of translate option. Meaning after typing text here, with a click button, (highlighted text) can do translate and put under where after my text.

< my text>

*** (translated to xx ) ***

<translated text>

Edited by usertesting
  • Like 1