Mx6 questions and discussions

Dear Maxthon users,

You may already know that we are developing next major update of Maxthon browser, Maxthon 6. Here I want to share something information about it, including its value proposition, and how we will develop it.

Value proposition:

For existing Maxthon users, Mx6 will keep all Maxthon5 data and implement most useful features from mx5, and providing much better website compatibility, full chrome addon support, useful chrome features.

For all users, Mx6 will be the world first Bitcoin powered browser, enabling users to explore and participate the next generation of internet - Metanet. More information about metanet can be found at bitcoinsv.com .

Develop:

The main browser features of mx6 will be developed based on a deeply customized chromium code base and existing mx5 codebase. All bitcoin related features will be developed by Maxthon team. Mx6 also has an open API to enable other developers to integrate their code.

At Maxthon, we want to design the application of the future. Starting from 2003, Maxthon has been in the frontline of web innovations, today, seeing a new web is hatching from bitcoin(blockchain), we want to invite all Maxthon users to join this extraordinary movement. 

We can discuss all related information in this thread.

We can discuss bitcoin here as well, but to learn more about bitcoin and metanet, the best place is bitcoinsv.com

Jeff

• Like 5

??Set your payment address in profile if you have not. Let's reward people who contribute to Maxthon community. ❤️❤️ Click Here ❤️❤️

1 hour ago, MaxthonJeff said:

For all users, Mx6 will be the world first Bitcoin powered browser, enabling users to explore and participate the next generation of internet - Metanet. More information about metanet can be found at bitcoinsv.com .

This will be optional?

Will there be any way for any user to opt out of the whole bigcoinc, biddata, bigXXX related theme that has the browser built in?

We will be able to "be free" to choose if we want such options BIGxxx?

• Like 3

4 hours ago, pantantrollo said:

This will be optional?

Will there be any way for any user to opt out of the whole bigcoinc, biddata, bigXXX related theme that has the browser built in?

We will be able to "be free" to choose if we want such options BIGxxx?

Yes, you will be able to do it. All extra features are done in the form of modules, it’s possible to disable these modules if you want.

• Like 2

??Set your payment address in profile if you have not. Let's reward people who contribute to Maxthon community. ❤️❤️ Click Here ❤️❤️

i wonder if the google's rules within chrome store will affect Maxthon features or addons developing.

that said i will not use bitcoin related addins, i wish we could have an innovative UI if not a renderering engine.

now whe had to choose between blink or blink and chrome store or chrome store ( gecko and Mozilla :-- )

Voodoo child

4 hours ago, proniceras said:

And what about the mobile version of Maxton? Will there be new features for it? It would be good to have a sniffer, page translation and better night mode.

Mobile version will be updated later. But don’t expect it comes with a lot of features because we don’t want it to be bloated. It may have some addons like ability, not finalized yet.

1 hour ago, karajan said:

i wonder if the google's rules within chrome store will affect Maxthon features or addons developing.

that said i will not use bitcoin related addins, i wish we could have an innovative UI if not a renderering engine.

now whe had to choose between blink or blink and chrome store or chrome store ( gecko and Mozilla :-- )

Voodoo child

Chrome store rule will not affect Maxthon features. We are considering to provide an additional store if we have resources to manage it.

• Like 3

1. I really hope that with MX6 there will be no issues with browsers core be outdated in few month like it always happened to MX5.
2. Also, hope there will be more stuff to answer to users questions (cause BugSir doing this alone whole time) and MX6 devs will communicate more ofter to those who chose this browser years ago.

• Like 1

My doubts !
1. Doesn't it take away strength when having a bitcoin generator browser?
2. What will happen to those we have mined in maxthon 5 (blockchain)?
3. I assume that if we use a browser with bitcoins, we will have more security, right?
Count on me for the project, I like maxthon, always innovating. And listen to your users please.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IceHouse said:

3. I assume that if we use a browser with bitcoins, we will have more security, right?

Can someone explain how having blockchain tech in a browser makes it more secure?

I (think) I understand how it works in relation to a transaction process, but what/how does it offer security in a browser context?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, 7twenty said:

Can someone explain how having blockchain tech in a browser makes it more secure?

I (think) I understand how it works in relation to a transaction process, but what/how does it offer security in a browser context?

Bitcoin system is quite a big and complex topic to cover here.  It’s definitely not just about transactions.

In general, it is an immutable database, secured by miners around the world. Powered by bitcoin, Maxthon can provide features like save your data to bitcoin system once for all, which provide super high availability and immutability.

to learn more about bitcoin, visit bitcoinsv.com

mx6 will also enable app developers to easily create innovative apps powered by bitcoin. 

6 hours ago, 7twenty said:

For example, synchronization can work between your devices only (today it works via Maxthon's servers): you need to connect your PC with your smartphone and then you can add a new device to this chain. If you lose all devices your data will be lost too. This is really secure, but too uncomfortable for users like me.

5 hours ago, zork said:

Jeff, One and very important question - M6 interface can be changed as M5? The main scripting engine will be Sciter (Htmlayout) as before?

Sciter cannot support multiple OS, so it will not be used. Mx6 will have a skin system, more flexible than chrome, but not as flexible as sciter (which is slower).

15 hours ago, Ldfa said:

interesting can someone explain that in simple english to someone who has no interest in bitcoin or blockchain or whatever else is implied - Jeff talks about that part being a module that can be removed - if so what will that mean to the browser

Tony     -  Vivaldi 4 on Windows 10 64Bit

1 hour ago, Tony said:

interesting can someone explain that in simple english to someone who has no interest in bitcoin or blockchain or whatever else is implied - Jeff talks about that part being a module that can be removed - if so what will that mean to the browser

http://forum.maxthon.com/index.php?/topic/24527-mx6-questions-and-discussions/#comment-129713

1 minute ago, 7twenty said:

i have seen and read that - let me be as simple as i can be - i do not understand bitcoin - blockchain and all that it links to - i have more chance of understanding Ody in her own language or Jeff in his than this technology - hence my question

• Like 1
Tony     -  Vivaldi 4 on Windows 10 64Bit

11 hours ago, 14615246 said:

Can Maxthon 6 have a feature known as "SSL Certificate Editor" when users like myself can change the expiration dates of the websites that would be expired and/or have already been expired.

As you have been told in another post with the same suggestion, I think you should look for information about what an SSL certificate is, and why what you are asking for is not applicable

6 hours ago, Tony said:

i have seen and read that - let me be as simple as i can be - i do not understand bitcoin - blockchain and all that it links to - i have more chance of understanding Ody in her own language or Jeff in his than this technology - hence my question

Same here, and more when what I want is a simple "web browser", without telemetries or weird shit (Bitelf style with things I can't even uninstall)

• Like 1

As for me, I still want to retain the Features:

• Sidebar
  • Status Bar (Especially System Info for Up & Down Speeds)
  • Night Mode (Possibly Improve)
  • Developer Tools
  • Resource Sniffer (Especially! Barely used but helps BIG time)
  • Snap (Frequently used. Useful at all times). Lastly...
  • Gmail Notifier Extension (Not sure if Chrome has a similar/better alternative but this is very useful to me)

I'd probably still stick to Maxthon as my all around browser no matter the changes. It carries most of my browsing data and I feel more secured with Passkeeper than Chrome's.

One concern would be LivesOne & LivesToken. As Mx6 will support BSV, LivesOne will probably be left out. Hope the feature is still the same, Reward for Browsing, but please, no eating away CPU usage. Browsers already consume a large amount of RAM. Don't make it harder.

• Like 5

OMG....  It's a MIRACLE!

1. Will I finally be able to come back to Maxthon, after stopping usage of Maxthon after "Maxthon Classic" due to the program becoming fat/slow/bloated, and losing good plugin support?  This all caused me to stop using Maxthon and start using "360Chrome" instead which provided most of the features I needed in a Browser, i.e. much like Maxthon and nothing else out there, but also had Chrome plugin support.

2. The moment I saw the result of the new Maxthon I knew you guys needed to switch to Chromium instead due to the above reasons, but sadly it took you YEARS to do so, and I haven't been using Maxthon since Maxthon Classic.  :(  So, I'm very happy to see the change.  I've been wanting my Maxthon back, 360Chrome was obviously missing a couple of things I liked with Maxthon.

3. Wth is with the "Bitcoin" gimmick?  Guess I'll have to read through the thread to see, but honestly, this just seems dorky.
Personally, I think you should just focus on making a BETTER Microsoft Chromium, stand above the rest like Maxthon/MyIE2 used to.  Though, I'm okay with not being a shell anymore like they were, as long as we don't have the bloated crap of the recent Maxthon, as well the crashing crap of Googles Chrome, etc.

4. Microsoft Chrome Edge if they actually listen to me (unlike the ****'s of Google Chrome), implementing the missing features of Maxthon and 360Chrome, are you worried Maxthon will die?  Is this part why the change, cause you've finally realized you've lost a lot of people, and seeing how the market's going?  Of course, that's assuming the jerkwads will listen, but I suspect they won't like Google didn't, and the fact that Microsoft won't listen to people in relation to how we want Windows Updates to work, doing what THEY want instead.

Anyway, looking REALLY forward to this....  I hope Maxthon can be my LOVE again like it used to be before the last several years crapshow.

Thanks much...  :)

Edited by leeuniverse
  • Like 3

this post add on MX6 please 

• The settings section should be very advanced, for example advanced settings in google chrome
  • I want Turkish language support
  • Quality plugins
  • The core should be developed (In the private messages section on Twitch etc. it is very problem)
  • There are too many problems in MX5 right now
Edited by n3ujx
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...