All dead?

SimoFLC

12 hours ago, SimoFLC said:

More than 2 months and no one news, no activity from staff here , no answer to any question.

Time to look for something new? i hate  leave 
Maxthon, i use in mobile too and i like, so bad if is over.....

it would seem so - there have been various threads asking the same and all have been ignored - i found Vivaldi - it does all i want but i come back here in hope that a browser that for me had all the answers is not dead

Tony     -  Vivaldi 4 on Windows 10 64Bit

13 minutes ago, retj7144737 said:

maybe they are dead? in real life?

LOL - the ghost of bugsir is still here - if only rarely - as to Jeff i hope not - moved on to pastures new maybe 

1 hour ago, retj7144737 said:

someone try to write to him to telegram? I remeber they answer in telegram about coin farm

i have thought for a while he/Maxthon have found something that pays them better than this - nothing wrong in that all who do things such as this deserve payment - browsers have to get that payment in other ways than a paid user licence - so maybe something else they put their time into pays better

that said some word here from them that the project is dead or a watch this space comment would be good

Just now, BugSir006 said:

The dev team is developing the Maxthon 6, so we stop the Maxthon 5 update temporarily.

thats interesting if not too late - its going to have to be special to win back users - a time line would by good and a alpha/beta even better

so to sum up there will be no more updates to MX5 until MX6 is released and the core to MX5 is well over a year old - you really are having a laugh - Maxthon was at one time special - today its so far down the list of available browsers Google does not even offer it when a list of browsers is searched for

and you hope MX6 will change that - its going to have to be more than special 

3 hours ago, BugSir006 said:

The dev team is developing the Maxthon 6, so we stop the Maxthon 5 update temporarily.

Glad to hear that, thanks a lot, last version of mx5 is just fine for me, so it's just m atter of time, thanks

i founded Brave Browser that looks very nice, but i can stay with mx5 and wait

2 hours ago, Tony said:

so to sum up there will be no more updates to MX5 until MX6 is released and the core to MX5 is well over a year old - you really are having a laugh - Maxthon was at one time special - today its so far down the list of available browsers Google does not even offer it when a list of browsers is searched for

and you hope MX6 will change that - its going to have to be more than special 

For my use and my familiy Maxthon is just fine, cover all my needs,without any extension.
what google does is not a problem for me, i don't like to be in the mass, specially if product is fine for me

that's is chrome and opera vs maxthon

2019-12-30_213645.jpg

2019-12-30_213729.jpg

2019-12-30_213812.jpg

4 hours ago, Tony said:

and the core to MX5 is well over a year old

The current core of the last stable version is over a year old. (chrome 69) :titter:

5 hours ago, BugSir006 said:

So much effort was required to have left this statement somehow in the face of so many questions during these months?

Or is it that you only haven it in mind and there is no development plan yet, I don't know, I think we are entitled to this kind of information, why so much obscurantism?, here we are to help in a disinterested way, I don't think it is too much to ask to the people who are supporting you in a disinterested way.

I think that your behavior, far from representing a serious company, leaves much to be desired.

Still, I hope, as you say, that there really is a version 6 of maxthon and that it is not something to silence the masses (less and less masses).

in competition with big companies, I will always be an MX user because it makes my web surfing much easier.

but there are people who are waiting for innovation so some features should be added later in terms of add-ons should go compete with google

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, SimoFLC said:

We have nwe Update for MX5 , wich means staff is working:5884970a7da3a_1:

Great..glad to hear that..still would like to have my post answered. After 23 hours I am sure someone has an answer if not then I just have to re-extract Maxthon from the zip file I downloaded earlier and remember NOT to disable AdBlock

Archived