Problem logging into PayPal

Today I started having problems logging into PayPal with Maxthon 5.2.7.5000. It worked fine yesterday. After I enter my e-mail and password and press "Log-In", the page just refreshes and prompts me for e-mail / password again. Sometimes it also displays a captcha, but ultimately logging in still doesn't work.

It seems the issue is the User Agent. Like I said, it worked fine until today. Does that mean PayPal changed something which prevents current Maxthon User Agent from logging in ?

My User Agent currently is enabled and set to "Maxthon":
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/61.0.3163.79 Safari/537.36 Maxthon/5.0

I have tried disabling it (untick the checkmark) but it doesn't work either (starts showing captcha) on PayPal log-in page.

"Chrome" User Agent in Maxthon also does not work, although the actual Chrome browser does work fine !

I then tried the User Agent "Internet Explorer 11" and that one did work. "Firefox" UA also worked.

Can anyone confirm this ? Will it be fixed (I kinda don't want to use that UA just because of Maxthon not working right with PayPal).

Archived