5.3.8.1100 still hangs after using Snap tool

So I've reported this bug a few versions ago and it seems it's still not fixed in 5.3.8.1100. When I use the Snap tool to try and take a snapshot of a portion of my screen, Maxthon hangs and I have to use the Task Manager to regain control of my computer and kill maxthon.exe.

One way to reproduce the issue:

1. open a website
2. click the Snap tool in upper left portion of Maxthon
3. select a region with your mouse
4. click "cancel" (the red X button)

I then installed 5.2.7.5000 over 5.3.8.1100 and so far this works.

I don't have an answer to your problem, but just a suggestion: next time you want to try a 5.3.8beta don't install it, use the portable version. Then when you find that you have a problem with it, you still have your installed 5.2.7 version ready to go with no need to re-install it over the beta, which is always a bad idea (installed versions all use the same data folder [%appdata%\Maxthon5 ] so anything you do with a 5.3.8. beta may alter the folder contents  and will still be there when you go back and re-install a 5.2.7 version over it; this is why one can only "install" one MX5 version at a time and can no longer install different versions into different folders. Personally, I only use portable versions for all of my Maxthon versions, final or beta.

23 minutes ago, Perplexer said:

I primarily use Windows 7 Pro 64-bit which is where I had this problem. I did not test it on Windows XP.

But I installed  5.2.7.5000 over 5.3.8.1100 both Win 7 and Win XP now and it works OK, so I'm not using 5.3.8.1100 anymore.

Thank you for your reply. This issue has been confirmed.:wink:

Archived