bugsir - Jeff - the man in the moon

Tony

wheres the updated versions to fix the bugs that are blighting the last releases in both branches

wheres the release to fix the security hole that was spotted last week but has likely been around for months - it was agreed it was urgent - does that mean something different in China - like lets not bother

if releases get any more extended you will be able to give them a year number - you [Maxthon] are becomeing a non entity in the browser market or thats how it seems

if bugs and problems cannot be solved then say so - users stick by you in hope - be honest enough to tell them whats happening

Tony     -  Vivaldi 4 on Windows 10 64Bit

5 hours ago, Tony said:

wheres the updated versions to fix the bugs that are blighting the last releases in both branches

wheres the release to fix the security hole that was spotted last week but has likely been around for months - it was agreed it was urgent - does that mean something different in China - like lets not bother

if releases get any more extended you will be able to give them a year number - you [Maxthon] are becomeing a non entity in the browser market or thats how it seems

if bugs and problems cannot be solved then say so - users stick by you in hope - be honest enough to tell them whats happening

Totally Agreed ! 

Security is the mainstay of this maxthon project. ¡It is useless to make extensions, or to correct something so simple, that one goes into the big problem, SECURITY.!

Honestly, I'm not surprised at all.
Maxthon is an expired project, you just have to see the implementations of the core and the delay they have in front of the competition.
We have to think about real alternatives, with large communities and large support teams. Here the users ONLY have bugsir006 as a connection with the developers and nothing else (at these time I have not seen anyone else) 
In other communities that we already know, even the DEV itself answers in the forums and the blog.
I think it's best to let him die in peace

1 hour ago, pantantrollo said:

Honestly, I'm not surprised at all.
Maxthon is an expired project, you just have to see the implementations of the core and the delay they have in front of the competition.
We have to think about real alternatives, with large communities and large support teams. Here the users ONLY have bugsir006 as a connection with the developers and nothing else (at these time I have not seen anyone else) 
In other communities that we already know, even the DEV itself answers in the forums and the blog.
I think it's best to let him die in peace

yes and no - the problem is it works - well it does some of the time - it still has features that i have not found on other browsers - silly things that many may say are not important

its possible to skin it - i have not worked that out on any other browser - mine looks nothing like the stock theme - all the others are the same - just different colours - i agree its just a tool at the end of the day but familiarity breeds contempt they say 

so i stay and complain - i doubt anyone takes a blind bit of notice but whilst its downloadable there is always hope

55 minutes ago, 7twenty said:

if it makes you feel good...

it may or may not - you cannot know - unfortunately it does not make them do anything to get a fully working browser released - they seem to have abandoned their users

On 4/23/2019 at 4:43 PM, Tony said:

The log issue will be fixed in version 5.2.7.2400. 

11 minutes ago, BugSir006 said:

The log issue will be fixed in version 5.2.7.2400. 

thats one issue - is that the extent of all the devs work - what about all the rest that are well documented - the new branch is a mess - search is impossible as it deletes the first few characters typed

is there actually anyone working on the browsers full time - the [slow] speed things happen the impression is its one person at most part time 

Archived