I did a browser security test.

Out of the 7 browsers I tested (UC Browser, Edge, Chrome, Vivaldi, Cent, Maxthon, Edge Dev and Firefox) the only browser that gave the best results was Firefox and only in the first 3 categories.  All the other browsers had the same results as you show above.

post3dmg4_zps398d3651.jpgWindows 10 64-bit build 10525/Windows 10 Mobile build 10512

9 hours ago, IceHouse said:

Here the photo !

Put the links at least, so we do not have to be looking :wink:

https://panopticlick.eff.org

I have tried with some other browser, and they have practically the same results. In the end it all depends on the type of extensions you add, so you can change "Something", but not much.

For example, firefox without protections, only with the own configuration

snap_screen_20190413150954.png

Vivaldi, for choosing another blink engine

snap_screen_20190413151205.png

7 hours ago, A.S. said:

BTW, almost no one browser protects you against fingerprinting.

In Firefox, Google Chrome and similar browsers, you can protect yourself against fingerprinting using SafeScript. I use this plugin in SlimJet, WaterFox and blocks it perfectly.

0_1.png

Description of the options from the SafeScript site:

Fingerprint Protection

• Block Browser Plugin Enumeration – prevent sites from reading your browser plugin details (default: disabled)
  • Canvas Fingerprint Protection – protect against fingerprinting attempts through <canvas> elements (default: disabled)
    • Options:
      • Disabled
      • Blank Readout (serve an empty canvas with the original dimensions)
      • Random Readout (serve an empty canvas with random dimensions)
      • Completely Block Readout (refuse to serve any data)
  • Block Audio Fingerprinting – prevent fingerprinting via the AudioContext API (default: disabled)
  • Block WebGL Fingerprinting – prevent fingerprinting via the WebGL API (default: disabled)
  • Block Battery Fingerprinting – prevent fingerprinting via the Battery API (default: disabled)
  • Block Device Enumeration – prevent having hardware devices detected via the WebRTC API (default: disabled)
  • Block Gamepad Enumeration – prevent having hardware devices detected via the Gamepad API (default: disabled)
  • Block WebVR Enumeration – prevent having hardware devices detected via the WebVR API (default: disabled)
  • Block Bluetooth Enumeration – prevent having devices detected via the Bluetooth API (default: disabled)
  • Block Canvas Font Access – prevent system fonts from being enumerated through <canvas> elements. May interfere with Google Docs. (default: disabled)
  • Block Client Rectangles – prevent fingerprinting through calculating element rectangles. May interfere with some dropdowns. (default: disabled)
  • Prevent Clipboard Interference – prevent pages from interfering with clipboard actions. (default: disabled)
  • Reduce Keyboard Fingerprinting (for advanced users) – make keypress timings more random to increase anonymity (note: adds a random delay between keypresses)) (default: disabled)
7 hours ago, Magdalene said:

@Galileusz What APB lists and Violent Monkey scripts do you use?

Beaten by A.S.

This is what I use:

AdBlock Filters:

EasyList
ABPindo+EasyList
AaKList (Anti-Adblock Killer)
Offiial Polish Filters for AdBlock
Polish Filters RODO
Facebook annoyances blocker
Youtube: Other Annoyances
NoCoin Filter List
Adblock Warning Removal List
Fanboy's Social Blocking List
Fanboy's Annoyance List

Adblock Global Filters:

/GeoCheck/
@@||pay.ecard.pl/payment/*/jquery.cookiepolicy.js
||addtoany.*^
||adocean.*^
||ampproject.*^
||apester.*^
||apple.*^
||app.hubspot.*^
||azureedge.*^
@@||azureedge.*^$domain=microsoft.com
||bbelements.*^
||bing.*^
||booked.*^
||clevernt.*^
||cloudfront.*^
@@||d2srrzh48sp2nh.cloudfront.net/*
||cnzz.*^
||collector-analytics.efigence.*^
||connectignite.*^
||coremetrics.*^
||criteo.*^
||etargetnet.*^
||facebook.*^
||faktor.*^
||gemius.*^
||gigya.*^
||google-analytics.*^
||googleapis.*^
@@||maps.googleapis.com/maps/api/*$domain=ipleak.net
@@||ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/*
@@||fonts.googleapis.com/css*
@@||googleapis.com/customsearch/*$domain=forum.xda-developers.com
@@||translate.googleapis.com/translate_*/*
||googleadservices.*^
||googletagservices.*^
||googletagmanager.*^
||googlesyndication.*^
||heapanalytics.*^
||heatmap.*^
||hm.baidu.*^
||hotjar.*^
||hub.com.*^
||hudb.*^
||js.hs-analytics.*^
||krxd.*^
||mouseflow.*^
||mousestats.*^
||msecnd.*^
||msoiqafieh.*^
||newrelic.*^
||opineo.*^
||optad360.*^
||optimizely.*^
||segment.*^
||smartadserver.*^
||statcounter.*^
||static.amp.*^
||strefa.*^
||taboola.*^
||tiqcdn.*^
||trustpilot.*^
@@||twitter.com/i/videos/tweet/*
||twitter.*^
@@||api.twitter.com/1.1/videos/tweet/config/*
@@||api.twitter.com/1.1/guest/activate.json
||way2traffic.*^
||webcompanion.*^
||visualwebsiteoptimizer.*^
||zetha.*^
@@||app.lives.one^
@@|https://platform.twitter.com/*

ViolentMonkey Scripts:

Anti-Adblock Killer | Reek
Google: Bypass Result Page Redirect
goog-no-reminder
No auto-refresh
Google: Direct Links for Pages and Images
Iridium
View Image
Disable HTML5 Videos autoplay/autopreload

The NoScript plugin known from FireFox has just appeared for Google Chrome and similar browsers.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/noscript/doojmbjmlfjjnbmnoijecmcbfeoakpjm

But as usual, it will not be available for Maxthon.

11 hours ago, Galileusz said:

In Firefox, Google Chrome and similar browsers, you can protect yourself against fingerprinting using SafeScript. I use this plugin in SlimJet, WaterFox and blocks it perfectly.

0_1.png

This is what I use:

The NoScript plugin known from FireFox has just appeared for Google Chrome and similar browsers.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/noscript/doojmbjmlfjjnbmnoijecmcbfeoakpjm

But as usual, it will not be available for Maxthon.

So, does that mean you do not use any extension of maxthon? For security? 

3 hours ago, IceHouse said:

So, does that mean you do not use any extension of maxthon? For security? 

Have you seen any protective extension for Maxthon? Unfortunately, in this respect Maxthon is very lame. So you have to use what you have, to protect yourself and I do it through filters, scripts.

Of course, I also have a good AV, VPN, Firewall (payable), and to some use I have two other browsers, better secured.

It is a pity, that the developer does not listen to the users' voice and does not implement the possibility to install google chrome plugins. It would certainly contribute to the increase in the popularity of Maxthon.

3 hours ago, Galileusz said:

Of course, I also have a good AV, VPN, Firewall (payable), and to some use I have two other browsers, better secured.

Totally agree,

In my case, the same, for web in the relations with the public administration, regulated training and financial entities, I no longer use maxthon, in some cases, as I have already commented, why it fails, (version yes, version no) its management with the electronic certificates, with what I finish tired of being trying. In other cases, because I do not know what kind of security is being resolved, if we have old blink kernels with respect to the competition of at least 6 months to a year

You do not have the possibility of having some of the most famous extensions, both in chrome nuclei, such as quatum (or gecko), with which at the end maxthon limps again

And I could continue with the theme of its development, slow, bad, without paying attention to who is dedicating free time (those present here) to try to improve both the corrections and the implementations of features that would make it more appropriate against others competitors 

Sincerely I foresee (I imagine as many), the disappearance of maxthon, in fact every time these forums are less and less traveled by those who previously roamed here :(, a pity

Archived