what is going on

the last 2 versions in each branch is unusable - even as beta releases they take the prize as the worst release for some little time

add to that that no one seems interested - all we get is questions - what version - have you done this or that

is nothing tested before you inflict this rubbish on users - you certainly dont use the tester base here - have all the testers in China given up - if not then they are not doing there job

and why so much time to tix things - have all the devs left - thats if there was ever more than one 

Tony     -  Vivaldi 4 on Windows 10 64Bit

5 hours ago, Tony said:

the last 2 versions in each branch is unusable - even as beta releases they take the prize as the worst release for some little time

How are the 5.2.7.2100 and 2200 unusable? They both work fine for me and I am using 5.2.7.2200 portable right now to write this and view the forum.

2200 will not keep me logged in on any site - close the browser and next time i have to log in on any site

the other of the 2 i mention is the other branch of which 5.3.8.500 is the last rubbish version

you are in a minority if 2200 works for you judging by other threads - not a large user base here but all bar you are having problems

Tony     -  Vivaldi 4 on Windows 10 64Bit

tested with yandex, keeps me logged. (5.2.7.2200 portable)

generally speaking it's a major mistake not to logout when closing a tab; anyway it's not even possible on plenty of sites.

If you do think that is more handy for you, will be the same for anyone happy enough to get his hands on your computer

Beta versions are what they are: beta versions and Maxthon is what it had always been: Maxthon

5.3.8.500 is a beta with a new feature, i get some troubles with it, solved, bad start alas

voodoo child

I seem to stay logged in on the very few sites that I do that with. Like Karajan says, I log out for security reasons on most sites that I need a password for to log in and on many they log me out automatically if I haven't made any moves in a while. But I just checked on the two sites I don't regularly log out on, and after 3 days since I went there, I was still logged in. So now the question is, why does it happen to you, Tony? And why does that make it "unusable"? Passkeeper works for me on most sites so logging back in isn't a big deal. 

• 4 weeks later...

Same problem. Started @15 days ago when i "upgraded" to a more recent beta.  The most help i have gotten so far was being told that i need to expect things like that when using a beta release(it was out a week) and that i am wrong not to log out of sites on my computer...its a desktop and it requires me to sign in, so no one is going to just fire it up and use my browser!  Its my computer and i set it up to work for me.  After past problems and now this I can tell you there is no serious help here.  Just Beta Beta Beta and more Beta bot no more better.  If you cant fix it they can supply rhetoric that castigates you and your choices as a user. Isnt that a telling tale?   So far no usable answer to the problem i originally posted. I also submitted a bug report asking for help and here we are going on 16 days later with no response. 

I came up with my own solution. I went back to firefox. Its a browser with real tech support where you are not a test dummy and treated like one. It does everything i used this browser for, lots of extensions/addons for getting what you want.  I am Beta free.

Archived