I ask the feature 3rd time !

8 hours ago, IceHouse said:

Hi Maxthon team, I have wrote before about this feature.

Please put the option " DO YOU WANT TO CLOSE THIS TAB (ONLY ONE ) " unintentionally I close the tab. :( 

Why not use the Close button ('X' icon) on the tab you want to close.  Or you can go to MainMenu>Settings>General>Close Tab amd choose double-click or right-click to close the tab you want closed.  Further, if you want the ACTIVE tab closed, there is a gesture to close it.  With all these ways why add yet another way?

Hope this helps you set up a way that works in your use of Maxthon.

<<SL>>

9 hours ago, SnowLeopard said:

Why not use the Close button ('X' icon) on the tab you want to close.  Or you can go to MainMenu>Settings>General>Close Tab amd choose double-click or right-click to close the tab you want closed.  Further, if you want the ACTIVE tab closed, there is a gesture to close it.  With all these ways why add yet another way?

Hope this helps you set up a way that works in your use of Maxthon.

<<SL>>

I think I did not explain myself well.

Every time I close only a tab or the last tab. I want you to ask me; if I want to do it.

Do you understand? 

22 hours ago, IceHouse said:

I think I did not explain myself well.

Every time I close only a tab or the last tab. I want you to ask me; if I want to do it.

Do you understand? 

yES, i DID NOT SEE ANY HINT OF REQUESTING AN INDIVIDUAL "bolse tab" confirmation similar to the "do you want to close all tabs?" confirmation when you close the browser with Multiple open tabs.

tHANKS FOR THHE CLARIFICATION.

<<sl>>

8 minutes ago, IceHouse said:

Imagine that you are working on the Internet, and that you only have an "open tab", but unintentionally, I press the "X", then my browser passport; closes completely.

That's why I wrote that you can block it. Then you will not be able to close it.

0_2517.png

0_131.png

1 hour ago, QIK5L said:

What he is saying is if you have the option to ask to close if multiple tabs are open, the browser will ask if there are multiple tabs open. He wants it to ask even if he only has the one tab open.

Hallelujah , You got it !! QIK5L - PLEASE BROT ADD THAT OPTION ! 

Its because, I am a video editor, and sometimes accidentally close the browser  !

On 1/16/2019 at 2:41 AM, Kilmatar said:

So many messages instead of just one: "Please add option "Do not close browser if active tab(s) present" ".

BTW this option can replace current option for multiple tabs.

Yhereis already an option which I have enabled but have forgotten, that keeps the browser open when I close the last tab.  It just presents "Newtab", which is QA in my case.  I can still mistakenly close the last tab I'm using, but it's easily recovered with "Reopen recently closed sites"button. No more effort to correct a mistake than to agree/disagree with a confirmation notice.

<<SL>>

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/16/2019 at 5:53 AM, No.1MaxthonFan said:

But he can still "accidentally" close the browser without being asked if he wants to or not.

Hi all

No you can't close the last locked tab.
There won't be an x button to hit accidently

Try it to see

50 minutes ago, Mhzayer said:

Hi all

No you can't close the last locked tab.
There won't be an x button to hit accidently

Try it to see

But he does NOT want to lock the tab, he wants the system to ask him if he wants to close the browser if only one tab is open.

post3dmg4_zps398d3651.jpgWindows 10 64-bit build 10525/Windows 10 Mobile build 10512

On 1/30/2019 at 11:57 PM, No.1MaxthonFan said:

But he does NOT want to lock the tab, he wants the system to ask him if he wants to close the browser if only one tab is open.

Actually he wants a way to keep him from accidentally closing the last tab
So that's a way around the problem

8 hours ago, Mhzayer said:

Actually he wants a way to keep him from accidentally closing the last tab
So that's a way around the problem

It has already been established that he wants Maxthon to pop up a message when he "accidentally" clicks on the X to close the browser.  I personally don't understand how anyone can "accidentally" click on the X. But then that's me.

post3dmg4_zps398d3651.jpgWindows 10 64-bit build 10525/Windows 10 Mobile build 10512

8 hours ago, No.1MaxthonFan said:

It has already been established that he wants Maxthon to pop up a message when he "accidentally" clicks on the X to close the browser.  I personally don't understand how anyone can "accidentally" click on the X. But then that's me.

Strange enough that IceHouse isn't responding so that we know what is on his mind  

On 1/14/2019 at 4:00 AM, IceHouse said:

Hi Maxthon team, I have wrote before about this feature.

Please put the option " DO YOU WANT TO CLOSE THIS TAB (ONLY ONE ) " unintentionally I close the tab. :( 

8 minutes ago, pantantrollo said:

I think it's pretty clear from the 3rd post :)

He said it in the first post. He unintentionally closes the last tab so he wants the browser to ask him for permission before he looses what he was working on
and if he locks that last tab he won't have that X button and won't unintentionally closes the tab and won't looses his work.

i dont know what all the fuss is about - is it that he does not want a full width tab as the last tab that is locked 

its easy enough in a skin mode to make locked tabs as wide as their icon - he does not have to bother opening said tab every time just lock any tab - close the browser and every time the browser is open that tab is opened - simple

see picture - ok its my skin but the 4  icons at the left are locked tabs - they are on the tab bar every time i open the browser - they cannot be closed by clicking on them

like i said i dont know what all the fuss is about

skin.jpg

Tony     -  Vivaldi 4 on Windows 10 64Bit

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/14/2019 at 10:57 PM, IceHouse said:

Hi maxthon team,

Please I already have explained my request , dont forget IT !

Some member ask me , why is so important this feature? here the answer; Its because I am a video editor. ( I open many pages on the desktop)

THANK YOU GUYS ! 

Are you ignoring all the comments?
This feature isn't a must for all and you can live without it if you follow what is suggested here without this big fuss.
Though it isn't a bad idea by the way if they implement it.
I'm trying to live with what I have and find solutions to what I face by help from members here as much as I can.
Thank you all for helping guys.

Archived