video is playing, but a blank dark screen. 

Hi 

I am on Latest M-version 5.2.6 .1000 + win 7 

I can not see videos anymore ( was working before )

example: https://www.ad.nl/video/hartverwarmende-tv-commercial-van-disneyland-parijs~p61527

I have attached a picture file to show my issue. The video is playing, but with a blank dark screen. 

It's not only this link, but all videos.

BUT...when I paste this link in FF, all is fine.

so what am I missing here in my Maxthon.?

Thanks in Advance :)

1.png

Hi BugSir006

Thx. for the reply.

But where should I be looking this up actually  ?

I tried to search on 'external' on M-settings...all I got was the 'External Tools'(ticked in).

so basically, I am a bit quizzed on the :' external extensions ' ? could you please show me where actually.

Thanks in advance.

1.png

When all else fails, it is usually the best to reinstall Maxthon. Are you using the install version or the portable version? Do you have a passport account and thus have all of your settings saved on the passport server? Did you install this current version over a previous version or did you install it into a new folder? I'm surprised that no one has asked these basic questions yet. These are basic things to look into first.

Okay Rick , Let me commence with what you have laid down

Just for the records: 

- Are you using the install version or the portable version?   (The Install version )

- Do you have a passport account and thus have all of your settings saved on the passport server  (No, I use no accounts)

- Did you install this current version over a previous version or did you install it into a new folder?  ( I just ran the .exe file & let it go on auto pilot, so I guess it dumped it all over existing stuff)

Thanks , and I shall update the feedback once I have followed the install 'diligently' :)

Hi all,.....I am at the end of my wits here :)

SO, This is what I did

1) Uninstall M

2) clean all reg. settings too (win 7)

3) Brand New install of M :mx5.2.6.1000.exe

4) Made sure it was installing to a newly created folder

5) start up a news site I frequently use,went to a video file: https://www.ad.nl/video/zaak-nicky-verstappen-wat-we-te-horen-kregen-was-uniek~p60642

the video plays, I hear sounds too, BUT no visuals..!

aaarrgghhhhh

6) If I play the same link on F.F or chrome or IE (On the SAME MACHINE)...all is fine !

This shows that it's No Issue with my O.S , neither machine. It all points to 'M' here...but I am outfoxed.

7) I can use F.F and my issues are gone (workaround) ...but I dont want to , I am used to M for all my web browsing

*Images attached on F..F & M (from the same Machine I am working on)

so what is going on ....?:Thinking_Face_Emoji_42x42:

FF.png

M.png

Just a feedback Guyz

I uninstalled the Maxthon version  and went for the beta mx5.2.7.100-beta.

I also erased my user data C:\Users\xxx\AppData\Roaming\Maxthon5  , before the beta installation (just to be sure)

now I am running the beta , but still No progress. (also with or without the user agent)

*also 'excluded' maxthon from my ESET antivirus (also just in case)

*I can watch all You tube videos ...it's this site( in topic starter) and other news sites e.g: https://www.nu.nl/258806/video/explosie-in-energiecentrale-kleurt-lucht-new-york-blauw.html?redirect=1   (these are on blank)

-what are special in these kind of videos that Maxthon is finding it difficult to run display them ? why does it not happen with You-tube videos ?

1.png

3 hours ago, radscorpion said:

Just a feedback Guyz

I uninstalled the Maxthon version  and went for the beta mx5.2.7.100-beta.

I also erased my user data C:\Users\xxx\AppData\Roaming\Maxthon5  , before the beta installation (just to be sure)

now I am running the beta , but still No progress. (also with or without the user agent)

*also 'excluded' maxthon from my ESET antivirus (also just in case)

*I can watch all You tube videos ...it's this site( in topic starter) and other news sites e.g: https://www.nu.nl/258806/video/explosie-in-energiecentrale-kleurt-lucht-new-york-blauw.html?redirect=1   (these are on blank)

-what are special in these kind of videos that Maxthon is finding it difficult to run display them ? why does it not happen with You-tube videos ?

1.png

Had absolutely no problem with that video of New York City playing.  Windows 10, Maxthon 5.2.7.100 with no User Agent selected.

post3dmg4_zps398d3651.jpgWindows 10 64-bit build 10525/Windows 10 Mobile build 10512

1 hour ago, radscorpion said:

Hi No.1MaxthonFan

thats what has been quizzing me right from Post # 1 here. 

....then shall I take it as a 'freak' issue and also me being the Only one here too experience this ?

if yes, then I lay this issue to rest ,...but not knowing why this is even happening.

That site is strange because the first time I clicked on your link, I got a pop-up about cookies, but since I couldn't understand any of it, I just closed the tab.  But the second time I clicked on that same link, the video started playing without me having to click on anything.  Weird to say the least.

post3dmg4_zps398d3651.jpgWindows 10 64-bit build 10525/Windows 10 Mobile build 10512

it plays an advert (forced) for 10 sec or so, then the real stuff starts

is this anything to do with advertsements BEFORE the video plays

has Maxthon any implicit  advertisement settings ?? would this be the root cause ?

that is: when an forced ad plays itself, the videos(in my case) will go blank ?

27 minutes ago, radscorpion said:

it plays an advert (forced) for 10 sec or so, then the real stuff starts

is this anything to do with advertsements BEFORE the video plays

has Maxthon any implicit  advertisement settings ?? would this be the root cause ?

that is: when an forced ad plays itself, the videos(in my case) will go blank ?

Didn't see any advert on that New York video, but on all the others I did, like that one with the lion attack, and the New Zealand one.  Don't understand what is going on with your install though.

Hi 

as I had mentioned before...I do see a lot of 'ad' errors (advertisement)

the response does not contain any valid ads

what do I make from this  ? ( or how do I make the ads valid , so that M is happy)

*it also thinks that 'autoplay' is an invalid feature name ?

I am not a developer but doing my best along with you guys...hope we can stumble upon the 'why' here  :)

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

CONSOLE output Crux: (Pictures C1 & C2)

1.png

2.png

C1.png

C2.png

1 hour ago, radscorpion said:

Hi 

as I had mentioned before...I do see a lot of 'ad' errors (advertisement)

the response does not contain any valid ads

what do I make from this  ? ( or how do I make the ads valid , so that M is happy)

This site has a lot of unnecessary scripts. Insert the following rules into adblock and see what will happen:

||gemius.*^
||cloudfront.*^$domain=ad.nl
||krxd.*^
||google-analytics.*^
||hotjar.*^
||doubleclick.net^
||gigya.*^
*banners*
||faktor.*^
||googletagservices.*^
||opinionbar.com^$third-party
.com/ad/$~image,third-party,domain=~mediaplex.com
||imasdk.googleapis.com^$third-party
||indexww.com^$third-party
/advertising-$domain=~abramarketing.com|~advertising-direct.com|~advertising-factory.de|~microsoft.com|~outbrain.com|~yellowimages.com

and by a yet another Local news  site , I get :This request has been blocked; the content must be served over HTTPS.

and

is Maxthon using chorome extensions: was loaded over HTTPS, but requested an insecure script 'chrome-extension://pkedcjkdefgpdelpbcmbmeomcjbeemfm/cast_sender.js'. This request has been blocked; the content must be served over HTTPS.

just asking....

2.png

7 hours ago, radscorpion said:

Hi Thanks

where exactly should I de inserting the script ?.

I understand adblock , but how would I access it ? ( so that I can open it in Notepad++ maybe... and insert and then save)

do I access it anywhere from the picture I have attached (entry point)

I do not see the AdBlock icon in your Maxthon. Check in the settings, if you have, turn it on.

0_1.png

If you do not have it, install it from here: http://extension.maxthon.com/detail/index.php?view_id=3130

0_2.png

Then go to the website: https://www.ad.nl/video/hartverwarmende-tv-commercial-van-disneyland-parijs~p61527 and open "Custom filters" in AdBlock.

0_3.png

Paste the above rules into "Global rules" or "ad.nl

0_5.png

0_4.png

BugSir006
 It is working !

I get to play the videos back !

I did Both what you mentioned:

I restored the defaults & also unticked the ' Use hardware acceleration when available '--->then closed the browser---->restarted--->from here all went fine !

@ Galileusz , Thanks for the 'How to' , as for now I will not use it since the issue is resolved but I surely know a thing or two about those custom filters now (thanks for taking the pains to show me through the Maze).

To all who were involved in this...a BIG THANKS !!

and with that I put a close to this vexing issue here(at least very vexing for me).

Archived