MX corrupts downloads

"+Improved the UI of download manager" - sounds good, isn't it? )imho, dl-manager don't need it(

But in fact, when you downloading *.torrent file and press OPEN - you've got the message that this file (torrent) is NOT BENCODING FILE what means the torrent-file is corrupted or orphaned.

Remembering 17 last years, Maxthon never had this type bug. And it doesn't seems like bug, rather INACCURACY or CODING GARBAGE.

53 minutes ago, ElectroSelf said:

Maxthon never had this type bug.

1 / I'm pretty sure it did have this bug at some stage a while back.

2 / does it affect all files downloaded or just some? Have you checked with another browser to see if it's the site/file not the MX downloader? I tested with a site that i use and had no issues. A link to the offending file would be handy if possible.

3 / i'm pretty sure the only changes to the Download Manager were aesthetic, nothing behind the scenes affecting how files are downloaded, but could be wrong.

53 minutes ago, ElectroSelf said:

imho, dl-manager don't need it(

Agree with this. I don't think the new UI is much of an improvement over the old. Although it does add some nice things, like the options button, clear history.

But icons moving around (play should replace pause and vice versa), colours out of place (search/show tasks boxes), truncated download path unless you're using a huge window, all seem a little off. Hopefully just a WIP. Time will tell.

This bug affect torrents ONLY. Another browsers and previous version of MX(5.2.5.4000) works EXCELLENT on the same links.

A link to the offending file is impossible cause I dl'ing fom authorized-access sites.

A keyword: MX-downloader downloading a site link or segment instead *.torrent file. (Snap from code-view)

Confirmed!

Some *.torrent files downloaded by MX5 is a pure HTML code instead of actual torrent data. Same torrent downloaded by Yandex Browser (Crome fork by Yandex) is a correct torrent file.

This problem does not affect ALL of the torrents so problem lies somewhere in Download Manager and sites communication.

For example: if I open rutor.org (and redirected to any of their mirrors) I can download torrent files successfully. If I open booktracker.org MX always download broken torrents.

11 minutes ago, pantantrollo said:

In the online platform of my studies, the mentioned errors also occur :Upside-Down_Face_Emoji_Icon_42x42:

Back to the RC

Can we take a time to analyze this issue via TeamViewer? I have tested this issue on some websites but still cannot reproduce. Or could you provide a video of this issue?

14 hours ago, BugSir006 said:

Can we take a time to analyze this issue via TeamViewer? I have tested this issue on some websites but still cannot reproduce. Or could you provide a video of this issue?

If you have a Microsoft account (outlook, hotmail, live etc ..), you can check it.

I think with the catches above it's already clear, right?

26 minutes ago, ElectroSelf said:

so, WHERE IS SOLUTION?

14 hours ago, BugSir006 said:

I have tested this issue on some websites but still cannot reproduce.

There is no solution > because they haven't found the cause > because they can't reproduce the issue.

On 10/12/2018 at 9:20 AM, pantantrollo said:

It seems that from the office365 platform, the same thing happens :-(

Tested using Excel & Word Online no issues. Files save as correct document files. Not sure how different Office365 is, but i can't imagine that it's completely different code to save the files.

If you can test using those, and you still have the problem, it may at least give the dev's something to work with instead of the sites noted that they don't have subscriptions or access to. I'd be extremely surprised if they don't have a Microsoft account setup for testing, or at least one employee that has one.

6 minutes ago, pantantrollo said:

If you have a Microsoft account (outlook, hotmail, live etc ..), you can check it.

So you're saying you've tested on Office online as well? Or just with Office365?

If that is the case then it makes things even more complicated as it's not a issue common across all users.

12 minutes ago, 7twenty said:

So you're saying you've tested on Office online as well? Or just with Office365?

If that is the case then it makes things even more complicated as it's not a issue common across all users.

Correct, I was referring to office online (here is also sometimes called office365, sorry)

more data that there is a problem with the downloads.

I used the pdf.js viewer addons for the pdf. when downloading a pdf, for example:

https://s2.q4cdn.com/235752014/files/doc_downloads/test.pdf

In the address bar we will see this:

mxaddon-pkg: // {d0e723de-bdd9-4c64-95c6-c1dc9ce289f1} /window.html?pdfLink=https://s2.q4cdn.com/235752014/files/doc_downloads/test.pdf

And if we want to save it, it gives an error. This does not happen with previous versions, including the last 1000.RC

snap_screen_20181212023055.png

52 minutes ago, pantantrollo said:

Correct, I was referring to office online (here is also sometimes called office365, sorry)

Then as i said, it's going to make things trickier, as it seems there's no issue on my end.

Has anyone with this issue tried on a clean portable version to test?

Archived