you tube notifications

When I go to you tube with Mx 5.2.5.1000 and see that I have notifications and click on the icon, the box comes up blank.  But yet if I go to a completely different browser, go to you tube and click on the notifications (but the icon does not show there are any new ones, because when I clicked on it with Maxthon, it opened it, and the count goes away) the box now shows me the list I could not see in Maxthon.  What would cause this?

10 hours ago, nevergetany said:

When I go to you tube with Mx 5.2.5.1000 and see that I have notifications and click on the icon, the box comes up blank.  But yet if I go to a completely different browser, go to you tube and click on the notifications (but the icon does not show there are any new ones, because when I clicked on it with Maxthon, it opened it, and the count goes away) the box now shows me the list I could not see in Maxthon.  What would cause this?

Hi nevergetany,

I haven't any notifications so I cannot reproduce this issue. Did you install any extensions? I would suggest you try to disable them then refresh the page.

11 hours ago, BugSir006 said:

Hi nevergetany,

I haven't any notifications so I cannot reproduce this issue. Did you install any extensions? I would suggest you try to disable them then refresh the page.

On my other system I did have some extensions installed, and was having this same problem.  However, when the old hard drive quit about 2 weeks ago, and I got back my new system, I had to re-install Mx. (If I knew a way to get access to the old hard drive and could import mx from there so I had all my quick access and favorites and what I had imported from ie a few years ago I would do it; I don't like having to re-invent the wheel).  Oh, the clone I had made of the old hard drive back in the summer for some reason doesn't want to boot; you can gain access to it by going to it as a different drive, but I still don't know how to import the mx that is on it to the new drive that has an up-to-date version of windows Pro N on it.  The old drive (including the clone drive) had the free version of windows 10 Pro on it.  If someone knows how to resolve this problem it would be helpfull too.

1 hour ago, nevergetany said:

but I still don't know how to import the mx that is on it to the new drive

Sounds like you're using a guest account, otherwise your favourites should have synced when you signed in with Passport.

On the old drive go to %appdata%\Maxthon5\Users\guest. Copy the userdata folder to your current install. All your info will come back.

28 minutes ago, 7twenty said:

Sounds like you're using a guest account, otherwise your favourites should have synced when you signed in with Passport.

On the old drive go to %appdata%\Maxthon5\Users\guest. Copy the userdata folder to your current install. All your info will come back.

I didn't realize I had to re-invent the wheel again.  Before I read your reply I saw passport. went to it and nothing was there. Finally found some cryptic instructions of how to set it up, but could not follow them.  But I did stumble on to it by accident, and suddenly everything came back. Well almost, now when I click on my you tube link, you tube won't work.  Right now I could not go to the "old drive" anyway as it is supposedly "dead" (but there are probably ways to access it anyway).  And if I could get there I'm not sure how to get to the location you mentioned, nor where to put the userdata folder on the new drive.  Maybe I need to make a new link for you tube.

2 minutes ago, nevergetany said:

I didn't realize I had to re-invent the wheel again.

There's no re-inventing anything. It's literally copying data from one install to another. Open windows explorer, paste %appdata%\Maxthon5\Users\guest into the address field and it'll take you directly to that folder. Do the same for the current install and just copy the data over. Keep a backup, of course.

You haven't provided any information beyond "it's broken", so i'm trying to fill in the blanks as best i can.

You now mention you do have passport...which if that is the case, then signing in should get all your data back (which it seems it has?!?)  - so i'm confused.

Disable any extensions related to youtube, they break it.

13 minutes ago, 7twenty said:

There's no re-inventing anything. It's literally copying data from one install to another. Open windows explorer, paste %appdata%\Maxthon5\Users\guest into the address field and it'll take you directly to that folder. Do the same for the current install and just copy the data over. Keep a backup, of course.

You haven't provided any information beyond "it's broken", so i'm trying to fill in the blanks as best i can.

You now mention you do have passport...which if that is the case, then signing in should get all your data back (which it seems it has?!?)  - so i'm confused.

Disable any extensions related to youtube, they break it.

Found the lil culprit.  It was an extension called You Tube Center Developer Build.  Had that lil guy on there for years and you tube worked perfectly, so why now is it causing problems, unless it is because of the New windows 10 Pro N. But the notifications still don't show. Until I get the fix for notifications, I will have to use a different browser to see the notifications, and Mx for everything else.  And yes when I found passport and opened it up again, everything came back, including what I had imported years ago from ie, and other browsers.  Thank you for your patience and help.

Archived