about:blank ?

wchris

With latest maxthon versions, when I do a google search and right click on a link to select "Open in new tab" I get a new tab ..... but empty and named about:blank

left click on the link works, but is annoying because it will replace my current search.

Whhhhhyyyyyyy ?? :cryiing:   no right click new tab ? it's so cruel !

Same behaviour on different machines installs and including latest beta 5.2.6.200

3 hours ago, wchris said:

With latest maxthon versions, when I do a google search and right click on a link to select "Open in new tab" I get a new tab ..... but empty and named about:blank

left click on the link works, but is annoying because it will replace my current search.

Whhhhhyyyyyyy ?? :cryiing:   no right click new tab ? it's so cruel !

Same behaviour on different machines installs and including latest beta 5.2.6.200

Hi wchris,

I tried on my end but haven't reproduced. Could you try to change the network?

Hello Sir :)

What do you mean by "change the network" ? I tryed at home and at work, same result but not "same network" I guess.

Can it be related to the french translation of the popup menu ? maybe ?

See screenshot

whysocruel.png

Maybe I have a hint for you

If I open a new tab on the second search result I get this (see screenshot)

notice that "about:blank" is followed by the text .... it's like maxthon doing a second Google Search from the url bar instead of opening the link ?

What do you think ?

PS:  in the parameters my defaut search engine is google and I have only one plugin active "imageNo"

whysocruel2.png

Hi Twenty !

Well viewed :5884970a7da3a_1: !!! (good idea I had to provide screenshots :))

You found the cause, in ultra mode it works. When I reswitch to retro about:blank is back, when I go to Ultra everything works.

I think I changed to retro mode because google complained my browser version of chrome whas out of date, and I got rid of the message in retro mode.

But I can live with the message if "open in new tab works again". I'll stay in Ultra from now on.

Many thanks !

@BugSir maybe you can reproduce it now ?

16 hours ago, wchris said:

maybe you can reproduce it now ?

Yep, when in Retro you get an about:blank page instead of the link you expect to open.

Doesn't happen when testing with Bing, so something is going on there.

Regardless, Retro should only be used if a site has issues with using Ultra. The google banner thing will always crop up due to the way MX updates the blink core. Best to ignore it or my preference, hide it using adblock.

Archived