New additions to MX5.2.6.200, where?

Tony

2 hours ago, BugSir006 said:

Thank you for your reply. If you experience the issue again please let me know your country and city, our dev team will solve it quickly. 

Or maybe it is better not to ask the country and the city every time, but to make the QA page off-line, as we ask?

57 minutes ago, zork said:

Or maybe it is better not to ask the country and the city every time, but to make the QA page off-line, as we ask?

Hi zork,

I have just contacted the leader of the dev team again, currently, the offline QA won't be added. It is not a simple work and cannot be added easily.

1 hour ago, BugSir006 said:

Hi zork,

I have just contacted the leader of the dev team again, currently, the offline QA won't be added. It is not a simple work and cannot be added easily.

i echo ody's comment above - if we can have local favourites how can it be any harder to have offline QA - i read too difficult as cannot be bothered

Tony     -  Vivaldi 4 on Windows 10 64Bit

14 minutes ago, BugSir006 said:

Offline QA won't be added. If they back to the offline QA, it will also have other issues. So if you run into issues with current QA page please let me know, the dev team will solve it quickly. :wink:

Maybe Jeff will comment such statements? Dev's added the useless button to the extensions site, what for? Anyone asked for it? There are no usefull extensions, except a couple of must have, like ViolentMonkey. Do you think users are fools? Making QA off-line is not difficult (saying the opposite, you are lying), there is only a lack of desire.

3 minutes ago, zork said:

Maybe Jeff will comment such statements? Dev's added the useless button to the extensions site, what for? Anyone asked for it? There are no usefull extensions, except a couple of must have, like ViolentMonkey. Do you think users are fools? Making QA off-line is not difficult (saying the opposite, you are lying), there is only a lack of desire.

27 minutes ago, Tony said:

i echo ody's comment above - if we can have local favourites how can it be any harder to have offline QA - i read too difficult as cannot be bothered

The difficulty is not the skill code, this issue related to commercial cooperation. The browser company also needs food...

26 minutes ago, BugSir006 said:

The difficulty is not the skill code, this issue related to commercial cooperation. The browser company also needs food...

now we get to it - but i have no idea how a QA page located on a server generates money - please explain 

38 minutes ago, -ody- said:

so when you don't reply, it's because you have something in mind you don't want us to know 

I don't know the detailed business cooperation issue. Because I am a bug sir and not a business sir. I can test your feedback, record your request then report to the related teams. 

6 minutes ago, BugSir006 said:

We will run some commercial ads on the QA page. 

then i suggest users will not use the page or simply find another browser - look at the shout when you add a [non] commercial ad 

as a company scraping the bottom of the browser market you really dont understand your users imo

3 hours ago, Tony said:

then i suggest users will not use the page or simply find another browser - look at the shout when you add a [non] commercial ad 

as a company scraping the bottom of the browser market you really dont understand your users imo

Fully agree with Tony. And besides, your ad is easily blocked by ABP.

I find that an odd response.

I can't see how this is a problem, coding wise or commercial. Local QA data is accessed from the local store, the same way it was before they started the cloud thing; and if they want ads all over the place it gets pulled in as required. So the QA page is local along with the data, just that there's links to get the ads as required. 

I could be wrong there, i'm not all up with how that all works... but in theory i think that's how it plays out. But maybe there's more to it.

On 10/26/2018 at 3:47 AM, zork said:

Ihavetoagreewith taeserecentcomments concerningoffline QA. Thestatement ofbeing"toodifficult"iscontradictedby theOFFLINE QA in Guestmode.

Now, if we want a QA that works offline  but also permits syncing at the user's command, there may be some problems.

There does seem to be a way (a kludgy way) around this; add an opyion in Import user data, to import from the Mx5 account user data to the Guest account and vice versa.  This would permit syncing, but in a mre complicated way that may confuse users.

I have also tested 5.2.6.300 without an Internet connection at launch.  I got the security dialog saying thebrowser is abnormal, and asking me "Lonin again.  I click Later.  AND QA loads locally.  I had testedths a reported it here #18 in this thread.  I restored the Internet connection and as long as nothingis changed in QA I won;have any problem.  Since Maxthon "thinks" I'm not logged into my account, it shouldn't call the server during this session.

<<SL>>

As i see Dev's didn't care about users. @Jeff is silent... :Grinmacing_Face_Emoji_42x42: And as a temporary solution for off-line QA - we can modify hosts file. Add this strings:

0.0.0.0    pc-newtab.maxthon.com
0.0.0.0    pc-newtab.maxthonimg.com

But QA is not the only problem with constant requests to external servers. Max constantly connects to smarturl.sync.maxthon.com and smarturl-up.maxthon.com even if in the settings this option is disabled. Why? Chekbox do nothing. This must be fixed! 

Untitled-1.png

17 minutes ago, zork said:

But QA is not the only problem with constant requests to external servers. Max constantly connects to smarturl.sync.maxthon.com and smarturl-up.maxthon.com even if in the settings this option is disabled. Why? Chekbox do nothing. This must be fixed!

Hi zork,

Do you mean smart address bar?

QQ截图20181102150258.png

35 minutes ago, BugSir006 said:

Hi zork,

Do you mean smart address bar?

I mean constant and non-disconnected requests to  smarturl.sync.maxthon.com and smarturl-up.maxthon.com! On-line QA, connections to update.maxthon.com etc. We don't need these features.Stop this mockery!!!! We should be able to turn them off. I do not need browser that starts for 5 minutes!

Just now, zork said:

I mean constant and non-disconnected requests to  smarturl.sync.maxthon.com and smarturl-up.maxthon.com! On-line QA, connections to update.maxthon.com etc. We don't need these features.Stop this mockery!!!! I do not need browser that starts for 5 minutes!

Hi zork,

If you uncheck that option, it will send the request but won't connect properly. It will return the 403 or 404 results.

QQ截图20181102154659.png

24 minutes ago, BugSir006 said:

If you uncheck that option, it will send the request but won't connect properly. It will return the 403 or 404 results.

I know! And I also blocked all unnecessary requests with firewall. But the main problem that users can't disable them! To many unnecessary connections and as a result - Slow browser with a very long startup time!

8 hours ago, BugSir006 said:

Hi zork,

The other problem is that I do not want or need to use this service (since it is optional), but when it is not used, the certificates of the secure connections (SSL / TLS) of the websites are NOT shown and with this I you oblige to use your protection service

snap_screen_20181102165511.png

snap_screen_20181102165757.png

Archived