New additions to MX5.2.6.200, where?

Tony

Key Changes

+ Added Quick Access sync button
+ Added “save page as” button in the main menu

where are the above - quick look and i cannot see them - am i going blind

Tony     -  Vivaldi 4 on Windows 10 64Bit

Can't post in this thread http://forum.maxthon.com/index.php?/topic/23877-mx5-pc-beta-release-526200/

Tony and QIK5L posted they can't see

I can't see them either. I do have a new button/icon in the menu called "cmd.quick.PopularExtension". when clicked on it links to Maxthon extension centre. Is this a replacement or duplicate of the "Get More Extensions" command found on the gear widget in the bottom left hand corner or is it a mistake?

31 minutes ago, No.1MaxthonFan said:

I can't find them either.

i found the quick access sync button - settings - privacy and content - auto sync

i wish they would add some notes rather than bullet points - crystal balls are in short supply

55 minutes ago, Magdalene said:

I do not either, do I have to have some level reached to post there?

59 minutes ago, Magdalene said:

I can't see them either. I do have a new button/icon in the menu called "cmd.quick.PopularExtension". when clicked on it links to Maxthon extension centre. Is this a replacement or duplicate of the "Get More Extensions" command found on the gear widget in the bottom left hand corner or is it a mistake?

I also have it in my Spanish language. I see that in other languages this is translated as "hot extensions"

1 hour ago, Magdalene said:

QA sync button, I see it in privacy / autosync options.
The other button I do not see it anywhere :-)

• 7twenty changed the title to New additions to MX5.2.6.200, where?
6 hours ago, zork said:

The button (checkbox) is present, but it does not work as it should. New tab page does not load offline.  https://pc-newtab.maxthon.com  still loading when the browser starts.

Hi zork,

If you install v5.2.6.200 on different devices and disable the QA sync function, change the QA separately, it won't sync.

14 hours ago, Magdalene said:

Posts have been merged into here. No one should be posting in there anyway. It's an announcement forum so regular users don't have access to those forums.

14 hours ago, Magdalene said:

I do have a new button/icon in the menu called "cmd.quick.PopularExtension". when clicked on it links to Maxthon extension centre. Is this a replacement or duplicate of the "Get More Extensions" command found on the gear widget in the bottom left hand corner or is it a mistake?

That's pretty much it. Probably added as another means to get users to the extension site for those that don't have the sidebar open?! Unfortunately, the translation isn't available (and isn't in Crowdin) for en-GB, and probably many more.

2 hours ago, BugSir006 said:

Hi zork,

If you install v5.2.6.200 on different devices and disable the QA sync function, change the QA separately, it won't sync.

Hi, BugSir0066, The main problem was not sync function. OK, sync on different devices can be disabled, but what about full off-line QA(new tab) page? That was the main aim! Not to load  https://pc-newtab.maxthon.com when browser starts. 

On 10/19/2018 at 10:23 PM, zork said:

Hi, BugSir0066, The main problem was not sync function. OK, sync on different devices can be disabled, but what about full off-line QA(new tab) page? That was the main aim! Not to load  https://pc-newtab.maxthon.com when browser starts. 

Hi zork,

It's a pity that the off-line QA won't be supported. :(

19 hours ago, pantantrollo said:

Supported? , we are not talking about anything other than changing the call to an external URL by a local URL

21 hours ago, zork said:

Why? It's not hard to implement. And besides, it has been so for many years. All users need this mode!!! 

Hi pantantrollo, zork,

May I ask why you need the off-line mode? To uncheck the sync button, it won't sync to Maxthon server. 

22 minutes ago, BugSir006 said:

Hi pantantrollo, zork,

May I ask why you need the off-line mode? To uncheck the sync button, it won't sync to Maxthon server. 

Hi, BugSir006!

I already wrote about it in QA thread - http://forum.maxthon.com/index.php?/topic/23734-quick-access-page-loading-issues/

On 8/28/2018 at 6:08 PM, zork said:

Hi, Tony! It does not matter -  you change the QA page or not.  Even in offline Max tries to connect to the "China" (the server is located in US - IP 151.139.241.18 and simple ping from USA is 30x faster compare to my location) server first (https://pc-newtab.maxthon.com ) We don't need this.  We need:

On 8/28/2018 at 6:08 PM, zork said:
  On 8/23/2018 at 10:49 AM, zork said:

Make QA page completely autonomous from the network and synchronize only on the user's request.

Very, very long QA page load due to a request to an external server (https://pc-newtab.maxthon.com) every start and session!

6 hours ago, zork said:

Hi, BugSir006!

I already wrote about it in QA thread - http://forum.maxthon.com/index.php?/topic/23734-quick-access-page-loading-issues/

Very, very long QA page load due to a request to an external server (https://pc-newtab.maxthon.com) every start and session!

I just tested the new option for syncing the QA page.  I turned OFF sync for QA and turned OFF the Internet connection.  I quit and relauched Mx5.2.6.200. The QA page loaded very quickly with a slight delay (IMO) from the local disk.  I only got a complaint that my account was inaccessible asking with options for Logon & Later.  But I was in my local account profile, not Guest mode.

So we are already half-way there.  We just need an option that disables sync & the server call whether connected to the nternet or not.

@BugSir006: Can we get the devs to complete the server disconnect opyion?

5 hours ago, BugSir006 said:

Thank you all for your response. I have reported to the developers, they will improve the new tab page loading speed. 

is that all - thats a selective answer to the requests above - why do you not want to ask for what is requested

7 hours ago, BugSir006 said:

Hi -ody-,

The server won't be closed, and if you don't delete the local data, you still can access new tab page after closing server.

Is there a way to import/copy the Passport account data into theGuestaccount(withoutjustre-creatingitall)?Thiswouldstoptheaccessingthenewpageserverand all userdatawouldbelocal.

<<SL>>

16 hours ago, BugSir006 said:

Hi -ody-,

The server won't be closed, and if you don't delete the local data, you still can access new tab page after closing server.

it may not be closed, it may just be down, which already happened several times.

improving loading speed is a good thing  but it's not what we're asking for.....

sigmax2.png

16 hours ago, SnowLeopard said:

Is there a way to import/copy the Passport account data into theGuestaccount(withoutjustre-creatingitall)?Thiswouldstoptheaccessingthenewpageserverand all userdatawouldbelocal.                    <<SL>>

Hi SnowLeopard,

The Passkeeper data is enciphered. It cannot be imported to Guest account.

2 hours ago, -ody- said:

it may not be closed, it may just be down, which already happened several times.

improving loading speed is a good thing  but it's not what we're asking for.....

nobody is listening ody - as ever a waste of time asking but there has to be a point in trying

3 hours ago, Tony said:

nobody is listening ody - as ever a waste of time asking but there has to be a point in trying

I completely agree. We ask to do the simplest thing, pointing out the real and objective reasons, and as a result the question is - what for? The conversation of the blind with the deaf.

On 10/25/2018 at 9:13 AM, Tony said:

Without being naive, does anyone believe that they do not listen to us? , another thing is that they do not want to do it, either for some commercial interest (see for example how many maxthon browsers make requests and post them or to know that other things :-(

4 hours ago, pantantrollo said:

Without being naive, does anyone believe that they do not listen to us?

Everyone likes to think their issue is the worst thing in the world and needs to be the #1 priority... it's just the way people are.

I don't think it's a case of not listening, i think they do... but i don't think they act on it, unless it aligns with their own plans.

It's been said by bug*'s that they collate the requests and info posted here and it is looked through. But that doesn't really mean anything as there's no feedback on any of that. So for what it's worth they could file it in the recycle bin.. it wouldn't make a difference.

Archived