MX 5.2.5.1000 Translate selected text doesn't work

Tony

10 minutes ago, zork said:

Confirmed. Translation module is broken again!!!!:Angry_Devil_Emoji_Icon_42x42:

where the hell are the testers or more to the point do they actually test anything - this was just the latest release that was posted here with no early release in the tester area 

Tony     -  Vivaldi 4 on Windows 10 64Bit

25 minutes ago, Magdalene said:

I can't post in the thread where it was originally reported http://forum.maxthon.com/index.php?/topic/23846-mx5-pc-official-release-5251000/#comment-126248.

People are finding that selected text does not appearing in translator. It does but you have to "Copy"  and "Paste" it into the required section.

Are you kidding? The application should work with selected text, not Copy and Paste. It worked in 600 beta and now is broken.

1 hour ago, zork said:

Are you kidding? The application should work with selected text, not Copy and Paste. It worked in 600 beta and now is broken.

Beside the broken translate selection, there are a couple missing features in the new translate selection dialog.  They did add the Google Translate language list resyoring some languages I frequently use.   But the new dialog lacks spoken text for both sides (which I frequently use) and voice input (which I haven't used, but may find useful).

As  it is, I can't use the selection translator tool; I have to use Google translate to get all the featurs I want available.  Too bad.

On the other side the new  page translation feature works very well for the Chinese Forum when I go there, even translating dialog drop-down lists and remembering to do it automatically.  That'sgood and a reason I'll not disable the Translate tool.

I do wish they'd straighten out this mixed bag.

<<SL>>

• 7twenty changed the title to MX 5.2.5.1000 Translate selected text doesn't work
9 hours ago, SnowLeopard said:

Tal como está, no puedo usar la herramienta de selección de traductores; Tengo que usar el traductor de Google para obtener todas las características que quiero disponibles. Demasiado.

<<SL>>

Also to me this tool is less manageable, I prefer the old way of translating, it could be put as an option, and that everyone chooses the most appropriate way.

Also the fact that it is a pop-up window, causes the focus to be lost when the tab is changed and it is returned to it, you have to vilver to select and give the button :-(

Archived