Missing bookmarks

SirNasso

Hi guys,

This morning I launched Maxthon, and to my surprise I see that after syncinc most of my favorites(bookmarks) are gone.They were more than 200, and now there are only 30-40.I haven't deleted anything,and yesterday they were fine.So is it possible for you guys to restore some backup or something?I thought that them being on a cloud is safe.I use the latest stable version 5.2.4.3000.

4 hours ago, SirNasso said:

Hi guys,

This morning I launched Maxthon, and to my surprise I see that after syncinc most of my favorites(bookmarks) are gone.They were more than 200, and now there are only 30-40.I haven't deleted anything,and yesterday they were fine.So is it possible for you guys to restore some backup or something?I thought that them being on a cloud is safe.I use the latest stable version 5.2.4.3000.

Could you please provide some screenshots?

11 minutes ago, BugSir006 said:

Could you please provide some screenshots?

I can provide only on the current state.
But I did some digging and found some of them in Maxnote's Trash bin.Recovered some of them but it's far from all.I think I got most of the important ones back,so it's not a big loss.

13 minutes ago, SirNasso said:

I can provide only on the current state.
But I did some digging and found some of them in Maxnote's Trash bin.Recovered some of them but it's far from all.I think I got most of the important ones back,so it's not a big loss.

Could you please send your browser account to me? We will check the error log.

• 1 month later...
19 hours ago, SirNasso said:

Well I guess there is no turning back for me now?I managed to recover couple of missing sites,but most of them are gone.

Hi SirNasso,

Sorry for the delay. Checked this issue with the server team, found you deleted favorites and cleared "Trash" on 9.27, could you send me a message via private message? I can send the log to you. 

Now I recommend you to check the "Trash" again, if the Trash is empty, we can try to help you restore them.

Hi BugSir006,

I'm sure I haven't deleted anything.Went to bed one night with everything in it's place,and in the morning they were gone (can't remember corectly, but it might be after some MX5 update).As for the thrash,I haven't deleted it,just found some of the favorites there and restored them.These I still have,but they are not all there were.But it will be great if you can restore the thrash and I'll see if there are some of the missing there.

6 minutes ago, SirNasso said:

Hi BugSir006,

I'm sure I haven't deleted anything.Went to bed one night with everything in it's place,and in the morning they were gone (can't remember corectly, but it might be after some MX5 update).As for the thrash,I haven't deleted it,just found some of the favorites there and restored them.These I still have,but they are not all there were.But it will be great if you can restore the thrash and I'll see if there are some of the missing there.

Hi SirNasso,

OK. The server team can try to help you restore the favorites.

1. Close your browser.

2. Please press "Win+R" to enter "%appdata%", press "Enter", find the folder "Maxthon5">"Users">"your browser account">"Molebox", rename the "Molebox" to "Molebox1".

3. Don't launch the browser before restoring.

Please let me know if you are ready.

molebox.png

Well renamed folder,restarted browser,it started syncing and for sometime the favorites looked like they should.Then they dissapeared again.And now I'm back where I was before we try anything.
Also checked the Thrash,and there are some links there,but they are very old and not needed anymore.

8 minutes ago, SirNasso said:

Well renamed folder,restarted browser,it started syncing and for sometime the favorites looked like they should.Then they dissapeared again.And now I'm back where I was before we try anything.

I sent an email to  atanas_ganeff@hotmail.com, could you receive it?

Archived