Which Windows versions does MX5 officially support ?

Perplexer

I have been trying to find this info on the official website for MX5 ( http://www.maxthon.com/mx5/ ) but I was not able to find it, so I wanted to ask here.

Basically I would like to know which Windows versions are officially supported by Maxthon 5.x ? I am using it on one of my Windows XP SP3 computers and while the currently installed version 5.2.1.6000 works fine, I do not get offered any new updates. When I go to "About", I always see the "Your browser is up to date." message, even though I know that there is version 5.2.4.3000 available at the moment.

Actually I have also been having this same problem on my Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit for as long as I can remember. It never offers me any updates. It always says that the browser is up to date, even when it's not. I need to visit the website / forum and manually check if there are any new versions? Why is that? I am using the "install" versions.

Anyway I did upgrade to 5.2.4.3000 on Windows 7 but I'm not sure if I can safely do so on Windows XP SP3. Is WinXP still supported by new MX5 versions?

Archived