maxthon conflict with another app

Im playing game "Hyper Universe". everytime i close game, screen frozes on closing screen. i close game through task manager and immedietly maxthon browser pops up. uninstalled maxthon and that didnt happen anymore.

edit: that issue i was reported in January but i cant find in my history, maybe deleted. now i have another pc and wanted to install maxthon again, but same issue still exists.

windows10 x64

maxthon is not default broser

3 hours ago, 30887236 said:

Im playing game "Hyper Universe". everytime i close game, screen frozes on closing screen. i close game through task manager and immedietly maxthon browser pops up. uninstalled maxthon and that didnt happen anymore.

edit: that issue i was reported in January but i cant find in my history, maybe deleted. now i have another pc and wanted to install maxthon again, but same issue still exists.

windows10 x64

maxthon is not default broser

Aggitional information needed.  What version of Maxthon?  And is it installer or portable version.  When you installed, was it a clean install or overwriting a prior version?

<<SL>>

i dont remember january version, when i understood maxthon causes that crash deleted maxthon.

yesterdays installed last version. same crash and deleted again.

i play the game on steam, i dont have that issue with other games.

weird thing is, since i didnt set maxthon default for any protocol or file why it pops up but not my default browser. and, if i dont have maxthon installed there is no any pop-up when close game, everything works well.

maybe they use a common dll. i dont know just closing the game interacts with maxthon and pc stop responding.

Archived