Where is the new Translator in MX 5.2.5.200

7 hours ago, Sergey_K said:

NO! 

TranslateDialog.gif

Exactly the same as what happens to me (portable version)

2 hours ago, Magdalene said:

Never need third-party app to work, in fact, in versions before this, it works perfectly with clean installation

2 hours ago, No.1MaxthonFan said:

just click on the A and the dialog box opens immediately, no extra clicks.

That's exactly the way it is - this is the advantage of this feature: I selected the necessary piece of text with the cursor, then I pressed the button on the panel - and here's the translation ready for you. This is a very convenient and very popular function in the browser.
And if they had added the possibility of choosing the engine for the translation ... in addition to the Google translator, they would have added Yandex translating ( https://translate.yandex.com/ ) - that would have been absolutely gorgeous !!!

13 hours ago, pantantrollo said:

It would even be nice, that instead of opening a new window of google translate, the chosen text was substituted, with the translation, as the new version 5.2.5.xxx does with the whole whole page :D

Hmm, :Thinking_Face_Emoji_42x42: that's a great idea! :5884970a7da3a_1: Only the selected piece of text should not be replaced by the translated one, but the translation should be shown in the pop-up window, just as Google does (see the screenshot).

However, you should not abandon the standard translation window. The same window is often used for reverse translation, for example, to translate the text from Russian to English for publication of the post on the forum.

PoupTranslate.jpg

15 minutes ago, pantantrollo said:

Version 5.2.5.300 already works the translation of the chosen text selection

It's a good news! Thanks to the development team! :tada:
However, there is a small bug: for some reason, in the window with the original text, there are two texts at once - in large print in the form of a background and on top of it in fine ordinary type. It would also be nice to add the ability to change (stretch) the size of the window with the translation.

TranslateDialog(TEXT).gif

On 9/14/2018 at 1:13 PM, Sergey_K said:

It's a good news! Thanks to the development team! :tada:
However, there is a small bug: for some reason, in the window with the original text, there are two texts at once - in large print in the form of a background and on top of it in fine ordinary type. It would also be nice to add the ability to change (stretch) the size of the window with the translation.

In principle I do not see that effect that you describe, but I have noticed (maybe this is the implementation), I can not select the text on the right that has been translated, it seems like blocked

snap_screen_20180917165912.png

3 hours ago, pantantrollo said:

In principle I do not see that effect that you describe, but I have noticed (maybe this is the implementation), I can not select the text on the right that has been translated, it seems like blocked

snap_screen_20180917165912.png

You can click on the Back/Forward arrows on the top right of the original text and it will reverse the text and you can then copy it.  I know, I know, it's a work around but it does work until they fix it.

post3dmg4_zps398d3651.jpgWindows 10 64-bit build 10525/Windows 10 Mobile build 10512

14 hours ago, pantantrollo said:

However, there is a small bug: for some reason, in the window with the original text, there are two texts at once - in large print in the form of a background and on top of it in fine ordinary type.

10 hours ago, No.1MaxthonFan said:

Have reported to the dev team. :Smiling_Face_Emoji_with_Blushed_Cheeks_42x42:

The text of the translated window can already be selected, but you can not do anything with it, since we do not have the contextual menu that we had on the page that Google translate offers (likewise in the text intrtodution window it does not appear either said contextual menu,

A priori (from IMHO), I do not think now that I offer more or at least the same advantages as the previous way of doing things. At the end I have to resort to the googe translate page :(

@BugSir006 It could be added to the current translation configuration menu, in addition to the current options, also the old form ??

4 hours ago, pantantrollo said:

The text of the translated window can already be selected, but you can not do anything with it, since we do not have the contextual menu that we had on the page that Google translate offers (likewise in the text intrtodution window it does not appear either said contextual menu,

A priori (from IMHO), I do not think now that I offer more or at least the same advantages as the previous way of doing things. At the end I have to resort to the googe translate page :(

@BugSir006 It could be added to the current translation configuration menu, in addition to the current options, also the old form ??

You are right that there is no right-click menu in either side of the new Translate dialog, but the keyboard shortcuts cntl-C, cmtl-V do work on both sides of the dialog, but with a glitch on the right side where it selects and copies too much if you're not careful.  Amd if keyboard shortcuts work, I'd expect gestures would work, if there are cut/paste gestures defined.

I still want to be able to choose the translation engine as the former Mx5 Translate permitted via Tool Options.  Please RETURN THIS FEATURE. 

<<SL>>

13 hours ago, pantantrollo said:

Thank you for your feedback. I reported to the dev team and reopened the bug.

16 hours ago, SnowLeopard said:

You are right that there is no right-click menu in either side of the new Translate dialog, but the keyboard shortcuts cntl-C, cmtl-V do work on both sides of the dialog, but with a glitch on the right side where it selects and copies too much if you're not careful.  Amd if keyboard shortcuts work, I'd expect gestures would work, if there are cut/paste gestures defined.

Certainly the shortcuts work (with care), but at the end of what is at issue is that the user experience tends to improve and not to worsen :Smiling_Face_Emoji_with_Blushed_Cheeks_42x42: . The more options, I understand that it will be better for all

7 hours ago, pantantrollo said:

Certainly the shortcuts work (with care), but at the end of what is at issue is that the user experience tends to improve and not to worsen :Smiling_Face_Emoji_with_Blushed_Cheeks_42x42: . The more options, I understand that it will be better for all

I agree ... enough said.  :)

<<SL>>

Strange thing: for some reason the selected language of the built-in translator is reset when you switch the language in the main browser settings. For example, I have set "translate to: Russian" and in the browser settings selected Russian language. However, if you change the language in the browser to English, the translator will also translate into English. Why is it done? It shouldn't.

18 hours ago, Sergey_K said:

Strange thing: for some reason the selected language of the built-in translator is reset when you switch the language in the main browser settings. For example, I have set "translate to: Russian" and in the browser settings selected Russian language. However, if you change the language in the browser to English, the translator will also translate into English. Why is it done? It shouldn't.

Yes, the "translate to" is the same as your browser language. Would you change your browser language frequently?

On 9/27/2018 at 8:42 AM, BugSir006 said:

Would you change your browser language frequently?

Yes, I often switch to English in the browser settings to make, for example, a screenshot in the English version. And I was very surprised that the browser language settings affect the translation language settings... this is wrong. Or at least the user should be able to force a different language for the built-in translator and this language should not be reset due to global settings..

9 hours ago, Sergey_K said:

Yes, I often switch to English in the browser settings to make, for example, a screenshot in the English version. And I was very surprised that the browser language settings affect the translation language settings... this is wrong. Or at least the user should be able to force a different language for the built-in translator and this language should not be reset due to global settings..

I use Translate page when I visit a site in another language and want to read it.  This, as you found, always translates to the default language in the browser.  But that's not wrong, because the tra use nslation is done in a new tab so you can just switch back for screenshots or other actions.

When I want to translate to other languages, I usually use Translate Selection for Latin, Greek, Russian, Ukranian, etc.

<<SL>>

11 hours ago, SnowLeopard said:

When I want to translate to other languages, I usually use Translate Selection for Latin, Greek, Russian, Ukranian, etc.

That's right, I, as a Russian-speaking user, I know that I need to translate Internet pages into Russian, but I use the English browser interface (to make English screenshots settings)... Well, I chose the Russian language in the translation settings - everything works and everything is translated - well. However, if I temporarily switch to the Russian browser interface, and then return to the English interface, the translator setting will also reset back to English ("Translate into English"). The point is: the settings of the built-in translator should not be reset due to changes in the language of the browser interface.

Archived