Tabs do not fit the screen boundary

8 hours ago, cris10an said:

This makes "Double-click to close tab" a bit of a lottery

Yeah, depending on how pedantic you are when you move your mouse. It requires much more precision now as you can't just move the mouse to the top of the screen. 

IMO anything on the edge or corner of the screen (eg. start button, taskbar icons, show desktop button, close button or tabs on maximised programs), you should never be trying to hit the item dead centre. It's a waste of effort as the edge of the screen serves as a block to stop you from overshooting. So long as you move the mouse enough in the right direction (eg. bottom left) you'll always get the start button.

I'm hoping it was a mistake rather than a conscious decision. It's a stupid design and I honestly have no idea why it was done, as it serves no purpose aesthetically or functionally.

Hi, 

I'm using 5.2.3.3000 version and almost every time (not every) when I double click on tab to close it, Maxthon do a restore like I double click nexto to tab instead on tab... 

After that I must maximise Maxthon...

This only happens to me with this version...

3 minutes ago, BugSir006 said:

Please confirm that you did not click x. It will minimize the browser window if you click "x" for twice.

Works normal here if you just double click other area on the tab

QQ图片20180620152120.png

Yeah... I did not click on X...

I'm using Maxthon as my default browser since it was MyIE so this thing going on nerve for me... :)

I've tested more and realise that it happens only if I double click in the top of tab... Like the tab is not to the top... Like there is one or two pixels which does not belong to tab so when I move mouse fast to the top to close it, it do a restore... :(

That wasn't problem with previouse version...

Yes, exactly. It is very frustrating. This is somehow related to abnormal border behavior fix, I guess.

Now Maxthon has a tiny 1 px border around it's window while maximized. When I try to switch tabs with my mouse, I have to position the pointer precisely to not hit the top of the screen or nothing will happen on click. This is is ridiculous.

Also, if I double click on the top of the screen above the tab, if restores window. This is incredibly annoying. Have to downgrade to prev. beta version now.

This 1 px border is CLEARLY A CRITICAL BUG. Makes Maxthon unusable.

GOD this makes me produce a bad word every single time I try to switch tabs!

12 minutes ago, BugSir006 said:

Please do not click here:( If you click the area which marked yellow means you want to minimize/maximize the browser

QQ图片20180620163355.png

In most cases, when you maximize browser, it will displayed as follow, there will shown no space on new tab.

QQ图片20180620164426.png

It is maximized... It happens when it is maximized... That is why it's so annoying... 

2 hours ago, Simon Sim said:

I rolled back my Maxthon to previous version but Maxthon keep auto-install v5.2.3.300.

The latest official release is 5.2.3.3000. But I'm sorry that I don't know how to stop auto updating as I never have to deal with it but also not sure why that is.

10 hours ago, rick.lane said:

The latest official release is 5.2.3.3000. But I'm sorry that I don't know how to stop auto updating as I never have to deal with it but also not sure why that is.

Because I can't stand the problems in 5.2.3.300. That's why i require a roll back.

8 hours ago, Simon Sim said:

Because I can't stand the problems in 5.2.3.300. That's why i require a roll back.

Did you totally misunderstand what I wrote? There is no version 5.2.3.300, it's 3000. And I didn't ask why you wanted to roll back, I just commented that I never experience auto updating, so I can't help with trying to figure out how to stop it from happening. Not sure what you thought I meant, but I also don't have any problems with that version so I also don't have a clue what the problems are that you "can't stand". And I am now using 5.2.4.100 and experience no problems with it.

Archived