Apostrophe corruption in tab title

On 6/1/2018 at 9:06 AM, BugSir006 said:

Hi, Aaron

We tested on Chrome Firefox, they all displayed as the screenshot you provided us. It should be the website itself displayed abnormally.

Do you mean that Chrome and Firefox also display the big space, and thus it must be a website issue?

I've found the same behaviour on multiple websites and on inspecting the code, none of the <title> tags have any big odd gaps in - so it must be a wider WebKit bug.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm pretty sure it's due to the different font that's being used. I tested with an older version of Chrome, and get the same as AaronX.

If i'm not mistaken MX uses MS YaHei in most of the UI, I think Chrome uses Arial, or something similar.

Using the same text copied from Notepad into MS Word:
font.png

It's something related to the spacing of some of the special characters. It's not a fixed width font, but the spacing of the special characters seems to be double what it should be.

Changing the UI font to use MS Yahei UI, instead of the base version should fix the issue as shown above.

I think you've probably diagnosed that correctly, 7twenty. There's a very subtle difference in the fonts used in each browser that I've only just noticed; and Jeff's Chrome screenshot appears to use the same font as my MX one. (Note the dot above the i, which appears to be a single pixel in my Chrome screenshot but 2 pixels vertically in Jeff's Chrome and my MX.)

I can't see a way to change my MX font, or to set Chrome to YaHei in order to test that specifically, however.

4 hours ago, AaronX said:

I can't see a way to change my MX font, or to set Chrome to YaHei in order to test that specifically, however.

There isn't. It needs to be changed in the UI files. It's a simple fix, so there's no reason why they shouldn't get it done before the next release... But no guarantee that it will happen then, or any time after that...

• 2 weeks later...

A little disappointing that after 2 more releases (final and a new beta), this still isn't fixed. It's a very minor issue, sure, but it also has the simplest fix you can get - it's literally adding " UI" to the fonts section in the UI files! Just 3 characters!

Archived