Goodbye Maxthon

After 8 years of using Maxthon as my default browser, I have lost all desire to keep using it. MX4 was awesome and I thought MX5 would be even better, but for some reason the developers have pretty much abandoned us and every new release of Maxthon breaks stuff and weeks later the updated version just fixes a few issues and breaks other things. This got me interested in trying other browsers and Firefox, and Brave are leaps ahead of Maxthon in almost every way. 

At the end of MX4, I believed that Maxthon was better than competitors like Chrome in many ways, but now Maxthon has gotten pushed down in the list of great browsers. Back in September there was a post about the future of MX5 and in there it says that in 6 months Maxthon would incorporate Chrome extensions. It's very close to 9 months later and there's been no mention of it at all. Privacy is a huge thing now and Maxthon hasn't really done anything to protect users.  

I do love Maxthon so I will check back every few months to see its progress, but as far as me using the browser, from now on it'll be my 3rd option in the super rare instance that Firefox and Brave don't function.

Thanks for making Maxthon enjoyable for me all these years. I sincerely hope that you make money off your cryptocurrency so that you can say it was worth abandoning your loyal users.

I loved  MX4 , just upgraded to MX 5, big mistake I made, lost a lot of my information, favorites, start up pages. I will be deleting MX 5 and will try and reinstall MX 4, which in my view far, far better than MX 5...

Loyal users are our most precious wealth. We must say sorry on some issues, we spend longer time than we planned. Like incorporate Chrome extensions. It doesn't mean that we gave up the browser and turn to Crytocurrency. You can be sure that we'll try our best because we don't want to lose any loyal user.

2 hours ago, BugSir006 said:

Loyal users are our most precious wealth. We must say sorry on some issues, we spend longer time than we planned. Like incorporate Chrome extensions. It doesn't mean that we gave up the browser and turn to Crytocurrency. You can be sure that we'll try our best because we don't want to lose any loyal user.

C'mon! You don't even read our messages and don't reply to them. Who need incorporation of Chrome extensions if it means that developers fail to build stable working MX?

You don't fix errors, you remove features, you ignore your users. You start to lost them! Who need Chrome extension if MX lost userbase? Browser that supports Chrome extensions and nobody use that browser? Bright feature for MX!!!

On 5/15/2018 at 4:28 AM, BugSir006 said:

you jest i take it - you [the company] lost interest in this place and those who come here long ago - nothing is ever concluded - all suggestions are ignored if they are read that is - you patronise at best and ignore at worst 

Tony     -  Vivaldi 4 on Windows 10 64Bit

Assalamu Alaikum All

I am like most of those that need a lot from Maxthon.

I faced like most of you. Frustration, anger and sometimes even thought of abandoning it.

But I'm one that started with it when it was MyIe (I know that some of you don't know that).

I don't call myself loyal if I just walk away just because some developers are not listening to what I need.

I'll keep using Maxthon for I believe that It deserves the time I spent with it.

When I look at what it gave me all those years in comparison with what I missed, I guess I got more than what I wanted.

We all look for perfection. It's not going to be found in any browser or app whatever.

So loyalty is to stick with your browser in its ups and downs.

Let's all keep using it and help those loyal developers that do their best to help.

Maxthon Fan forever

Muhammed 

Archived