Why good functions in old version kept gone?

I've been experienced through many times of this. Many of good handy functions in old version  are kept removed from newer verison, such as:

1.Keep only one instance of Maxthon.
2.Good night mode effect which really feel clear view at night (The newer one kinda hurt eyes)
3.Good management UI of favorites
4.Actually sort favorite items (Maxnote sort function doesn't change item order in favorite bar)
5.Close all page tab
and blah blah blah

May I know the reason why? Can Maxthon product tram share their thought?

13 minutes ago, scottchu.tw said:

I've been experienced through many times of this. Many of good handy functions in old version  are kept removed from newer verison, such as:

1.Keep only one instance of Maxthon.
2.Good night mode effect which really feel clear view at night (The newer one kinda hurt eyes)
3.Good management UI of favorites
4.Actually sort favorite items (Maxnote sort function doesn't change item order in favorite bar)
5.Close all page tab
and blah blah blah

May I know the reason why? Can Maxthon product tram share their thought?

heres my guess

earlier versions of Maxthon were coded/written by skilled programmers - todays versions are not - expand on that as you want - money or the lack of it may be the reason - or thinning whatever talent is there over too many versions

Tony     -  Vivaldi 4 on Windows 10 64Bit

• 3 weeks later...

They screwed it up terribly in maxthon 5 compared to 4.X . In fact, I am still using 4.X but having more problems each day because of api changes in webs but once I consider 4.X unusable, sadly I will change to a different browser.

They seem more interested in collect more and more data from their users with this confusing, unintuitive and stupid system, than improve an almost perfect browser.

So sad.

Archived