Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

-ody-

5.2.1.100 crash

just got a crash here on the forum while sending a post : maxthon became unreactive, I had to close it.

see it far too often - its happened on all the new core builds - no pattern to it that i can see

another crash on the forum today, several while downloading yesterday : maxthon becomes unresponsive... this version ( 5.2.1.1000)  is unstable 

all 5.2 builds are unstable for me - i live with it as i [still] only use maxthon but its becoming more than annoying 

5 hours ago, Tony said:

all 5.2 builds are unstable for me - i live with it as i [still] only use maxthon but its becoming more than annoying 

It has made me value "more" other alternatives that I already use continuously :-)

Although now maxthon is my main browser, I use the browser that best adapts to each specific case. I do not attach to a single browser (or app of anything)

all 5.2 builds are unstable for me

Ditto. Plus white tabs , having to reload tabs, browser locking up/freezing, being forced to shut down MX and reboot the browser. Processes continuing in task manager after browser shutdown. Extensions disabling at startup (Violent Monkey and Stylish); greyed out on sidebar and forced to renable them in settings.

Builds are progressively improving but these early 5.2's are really alpha builds.

9 hours ago, Tony said:

@tony & @ody,  strange I have not had any crashes/freezes in some time .. not since 5.2.0  or so.

Browser version currently 5.2.1.1000 portable; UserData continued from 5.2.0.x; Win7 Enterprise (64bit).

Before that I have had rare occurrences of a Maxthon process left behind when shutting Mx down -- had to use task manage to clear it in those instances to permit a normal Mx launch.

All I can say is don't jinx it or "fix what ain't broke."

<<SL>>