Want to return favorites bar to my chosen configuration

I've been updated to Maxthon 5. Mostly it has been good for me, but here is a problem I am having. Often my favorites bar will, as shown in the screenshot, display three folders ("Default folder", "Bookmarks", and "Favorites--2018-03-10...") instead of showing the bookmarks and bookmarklets I have chosen to put on my favorites bar. Sometimes for reasons unknown to me it will switch back to the display I configured for the favorites bar, but later it will switch back again. Can you tell me how I can switch away from the unwanted three folder-display to my chosen configuration for the favorites bar?

defective favorite bar.png

Want to return favorites bar to my chosen configuration.txt

Want to return favorites bar to my chosen configuration.rtf

1. make sure you're not somehow switching between accounts or guest mode. There's no other reason i can think of it will change randomly.

2. the folder/s that show on the favourites bar is set by right clicking on an empty area of the favourites bar and selecting the "Set Favourites bar display folder" option.

1. make sure you're not somehow switching between accounts or guest mode

I only have one account, and I don't know anything about guest mode.

Could I ask you to explain another item in the favorites bar context menu--"Update favicons"?

Is "Import user data" for importing bookmarks from other browsers?

what is import user data.png

Reply.txt

3 hours ago, conceptualclarity said:

I only have one account, and I don't know anything about guest mode.

Well then i'm not sure how they could disappear randomly. If you could take a screenshot of when it does that it might help.

Could I ask you to explain another item in the favorites bar context menu--"Update favicons"?

Updates the little icons at the left of the favourite name in the fav menu or favbar.

Is "Import user data" for importing bookmarks from other browsers?

Yes. Follow the prompts if that's what you want to do.

Thank you very much, 7twenty. Why is the Maxthon forum website so difficult? Aside from actually dead websites, I have far more trouble getting the Maxthon to load and be formatted for me than any other website. I have to go to SeaMonkey rather than Maxthon or Firefox to make a thread on the Maxthon forum. When I want to make a post on a thread, I usually don't get a normal text box and have to upload a text file. This time was the rare exception.

I have far more trouble getting the Maxthon to load and be formatted for me than any other website.

Make sure you're using Ultra mode, Menu > Switch Core.

There should be a lightening bolt shown in the address bar. Menu > Skins > Toolbar > Switch Core button should be checked.

Make sure you haven't changed the useragent. Menu > Settings > Advanced. The Customise User agent string option should be unchecked.

Archived