I don't want to see this!

13 hours ago, No.1MaxthonFan said:

How many users just miss the obvious?

Not so obvious for us who don't want ads and don't want any "coin or ball" on our browser. At all.

I dón't want any advertising that  I've no consented. Neither to be forced to click for closing it.

It's not ethical.

If it's done like that, I never wrote here. I said:  I see this thing when I open browser every single time. Thanks for your very very clever obvious answer. I'm pressing that X button every single time. You understand, friend?

23 hours ago, PHYR said:

I shut it off by using the "x" in upper right corner and never saw it again.

3 minutes ago, echoplex said:

If it's done like that, I never wrote here. I said:  I see this thing when I open browser every single time. Thanks for your very very clever obvious answer. I'm pressing that X button every single time. You understand, friend?

i dont usually defend them - like you i object to things like this but the bottom line is its free software - we know that when we download - if we dont like what they do with ads and such we have choices - i choose to solve the problems by either finding a way round it or using help from on the forum

jumping up and down will change nothing - they ignore things like this so if you want to continue to use Maxthon solve the problem or find another browser

Tony     -  Vivaldi 4 on Windows 10 64Bit

9 hours ago, Llara said:

Not so obvious

People have been brought up to look for an X to close dialogs/windows since forever. Sure it might be slightly obscured due to the colour, but it's far from not obvious.

9 hours ago, Llara said:

I dón't want any advertising that  I've no consented.

As with most software these days, you agree to their licence upon installing or starting the software. As much as people might think that it's "their" browser, it's not. I wouldn't be surprised if there is something in the Agreement about things like that.

9 hours ago, Llara said:

It's not ethical.

It's also not ethical to block ads from sites as it takes away their income stream, or throw rubbish on the ground, yet people do it daily without issue.

3 hours ago, echoplex said:

I'm pressing that X button every single time.

Wasn't mentioned in the OP.

It's also not ethical to block ads from sites as it takes away their income stream, or throw rubbish on the ground, yet people do it daily without issue.

Since we see how some ads introduce virus on our computers, we're preventing and blocking them. This is the  meaning of ABP  in Maxthon, I think. And the first reason  why Maxthon is considered a secure browser. 

So, If "its not ethical to block some ads, ABP has no sense.

4 hours ago, Llara said:

Since we see how some ads introduce virus on our computers, we're preventing and blocking them. This is the  meaning of ABP  in Maxthon, I think.

No, they're blocked for the same reason that you're complaining about the ad mentioned above, because it's an annoyance to what you want to do. The whole blocking ads/scripts due to security issues came a lot later, when some unscrupulous folks found they can infiltrate a users system by means of the third party ads that are loaded on some sites.

Ads on websites primary role is still as a financial incentive to the owner to help cover costs of running the site and/or a means to supplement their income

4 hours ago, Llara said:

ABP has no sense.

That's very true. The whole concept of it is very anti-website owners. BUT for that very reason some sites are reverting to subscriptions for content, or offering other means of accessing content in trying to counter the loss of income from blocked ads.

But regardless, Maxthon needs to offer it as an option otherwise users will jump to whichever browser does have it.

It's right: webs need rthese profits. I can understand and respect this point.

But, but ... If Maxthon needs to follow those steps, I'd, personally, appreciate if Maxthon let me kow (a warning in the download version and an explanation of the ads insertion)

Maybe is my fault: but I don't like these kind of "surprises". I've been working with Maxthon since eight years ago, and recomending this browser to my colleagues. So, I'm not newbie., and I love this browser. This is because I want it to be better and better.

Otherwise,  this is my complete sentence on its context:"

Since we see how some ads introduce virus on our computers, we're preventing and blocking them. This is the  meaning of ABP  in Maxthon, I think. And the first reason  why Maxthon is considered a secure browser. 

So, If "its not ethical to block some ads, ABP has no sense. "

And I'n still thinking the same.

9 hours ago, echoplex said:

I didn't thought that a person came here and that person think my IQ isn't enough for pressing the "X" button. Sorry. I see that as an insult.

anyway the first reply gave you a fix : did it work ? after all that's what matters

sigmax2.png

Archived