5.1.5.2000 Bugs = Gestures broken + Fav freeze

Atavus

Hi,

I currently have several issues with MX 5.1.5.2000.

(1) Mouse gestures stopped working after I updated from MX 5.1.4.1700 to the latest version. Needless to say this is one of the best features in MX.
EDIT: Gestures randomly decided to start working again. :Thinking_Face_Emoji_42x42: I will update if it stops.

(2) I am having a really nasty bug with the Fav option "Switch to sidebar mode" completely freezing MX.

- Under Favorites button on the Nav bar, if I click "Switch to sidebar mode", the fav menu appears but loads very slowly (about 30 seconds), while displaying the classic loading circle.
- After it loads, If I click on any of my fav sub menus, MX would completely freeze/hang with the dreaded loading circle, until I killed it in Taskbar.
- Sometimes I see a quick glimpse of an error: (X) Interface Error.
- I upgraded to MX 5.1.5.2000 in hopes of fixing this bug, but the same is happening there.

(3) Saving bookmarks is still buggy.

- This is a Maxnote issue that I reported before in another thread. Sadly, it is still there in the latest version.
- Saving bookmarks using Ctrl+D or pressing the Maxnote icon on nav bar is still buggy.
- After pressing Ctrl+D or the Maxnote icon on nav bar, I get this small white window "Add to Maxnote", which is attached to the Maxnote icon.

qHABztQ.jpg
- This window randomly disappears, especially when I move the mouse. That is one issue.
- Even if it doesn't disappear right away, I click on the drop down arrow/menu to select a different folder to save the bookmark.
- I get this larger white window that is detached, and has no option to save.

2MzCVMu.jpg

- If I click a destination folder, the large window above disappears and nothing is saved.
- Sometimes I see the small window appear afterwards for a fraction of a second, too fast even for a pic.
- So yeah, I'm having a hard time saving bookmarks this way.
- Atm, I have to use another way: open the page I want to bookmark, click Favorites button (in menu mode), open the destination folder, and click "Add to this folder".

(4) A question/request:
Under Maxnote, is there a way to make List View the default for viewing favorites instead of Card View? If not, can you please add it as an option?

15 hours ago, Atavus said:

(3)Saving bookmarks is still buggy.

- This is a Maxnote issue that I reported before in another thread. Sadly, it is still there in the latest version.
- Saving bookmarks using Ctrl+D or pressing the Maxnote icon on nav bar is still buggy.
- After pressing Ctrl+D or the Maxnote icon on nav bar, I get this small white window "Add to Maxnote", which is attached to the Maxnote icon.

qHABztQ.jpg
- This window randomly disappears, especially when I move the mouse. That is one issue.
- Even if it doesn't disappear right away, I click on the drop down arrow/menu to select a different folder to save the bookmark.
- I get this larger white window that is detached, and has no option to save.

Tried for many times and re-produce once. What's the frequency of your reproduce? on newest beta version V5.1.6.200?

- Sometimes I see a quick glimpse of an error: (X) Interface Error.

Appear everytime or randomly? Could you please message me your account information and pw and here we check whether there's error data

(4) A question/request:
Under Maxnote, is there a way to make List View the default for viewing favorites instead of Card View? If not, can you please add it as an option?

No default settings for this one. I will mark this as suggestion. This is special design because different folders may have different types of files. Website is more suitable for List View, Note is more suitable for Card View

So ..

(1) Mouse gestures decided to work again. No idea why, but problem appears solved for now!

(2) The Fav "Switch to sidebar mode" bug also seems resolved for now. Again, not sure why.
One thing I did was to enable "Side Bar" and activate "Favorites" from there. Not sure if that is what fixed it.

(3) Saving bookmarks is still buggy though. This happens almost all the time just as indicated in the post above.
I will try the newest beta and see if that helps.

(4) It would be really nice to add it as an option: [x] Use List View as default. Users can just choose what they prefer.

On 2018/1/12 at 6:53 AM, Atavus said:

(4) It would be really nice to add it as an option: [x] Use List View as default. Users can just choose what they prefer.

Has marked as suggestion and will notice if others users give feedback on this issue 

On 2018/1/12 at 6:53 AM, Atavus said:

(3) Saving bookmarks is still buggy though. This happens almost all the time just as indicated in the post above.
I will try the newest beta and see if that helps.

Now I am using the newest internal version 5.1.5.3000 and I tested this issue several times on this new version. It doesn't appear again(I can reproduce occasionally on previous version) So I guess it might be solve in new version.

Kindly wait for the V5.1.5.3000 and if the problem still appear you can reply me here. Much appreciate!

I confirm that sometimes it happens to me with the latest beta 5.1.6.200.
Also once the error occurs, maxthon becomes very unstable, to the point of crash

Well, it gave me the same error in the stable version :Frowning_Face_with_Open_Mouth_Emoji_42x42:  ( screenshot more below )

I have deactivated the options (in case I had something to see)

Use DirectWrite (Relaunch Maxthon for this change to take effect.)
Use hardware boost mode (Restart the browser for this change to take effect.)

But, the result is the same

snap_screen_20180116164304.png

Version Estable_20180116165133.png

5 hours ago, caligula73 said:

bug always happens if you click here

Confirmed. And I have the same bug on some machines in Fav on Siderbar. 

A lot of users for a long time have been screaming about the problem with Favourites, and the developers do not react at all. It's just a mockery.:Angry_Devil_Emoji_Icon_42x42:

Tested with the latest beta 5.1.6.200. Portable, clean installation (nothing is imported from other installations), default configuration.

Just opened, do not show the bugs in the favorites from the link that we talked about above.

I deleted the favorites, I cleaned the trash, I closed and reopened, and I deleted temporary with ctrl+shift+supr.

I have imported a couple of links from the IExplorer, deleted again (trash included), close and open maxthon.

And this video is the result.

Maxthon Beta.webm

On 19.01.2018 at 10:19 AM, BugSir006 said:

Thank you all. It really help due to feedback from you.

The present situation is developer has reproduced from remote, and we need find the reason cause of 'interface error', then we can fix it. 

On 25.01.2018 at 0:34 AM, caligula73 said:

-5.1.6.1000-  the problem is fixed, thank you.

I do not confirm the solution, the error remains in version 5.1.6.1000. Favorites freezes and browser crash. See the attached video.

VID_20180129_182639[1].mp4

Archived