MX5 is no good to me

25 minutes ago, filip007 said:

What's your point, i don't use drop down bookmarks menu, i have removed that option anyway.

Less work if i just use any other browser out there.

You don't even have an ad blocker in your extension center?

You mean edited the title to "empty"after adding to favorite, the "ok" button put to be grey? 

1.png

@filip007 I can transfer your comment to product team. But if we make change in the product we also need consider most of users' demand.

And I want to tell you the current product logic: At the moment, there no logic to create "real" no title bookmarks. As you can see, If I create a no name bookmark, it automatically change the name to "untitled", it still has a "name/title". So if you want to edit the bookmark, the ok button will be grey.

Some moderators give you suggestions I think you can follow their suggestions, If your purpose is not to let others know the name of your bookmarks, you can create with "untitled" or follow moderators suggestions

18 hours ago, BugSir006 said:

consider most of users' demand.

ummm the request to show icons only on the favourites bar has been banging around since MX3... if there isn't a huge amount of requests it's probably because users got sick of waiting and moved to another browser that gave the option. Which by the way is almost every other browser on the market. It was even added to Edge just recently.

EDIT: seems that all other browsers don't have an icon only option, but they do allow a standard space to create a no title icon.

18 hours ago, BugSir006 said:

At the moment, there no logic to create "real" no title bookmarks

as above, the reason behind it is because there is no option to display favbar favourites with the icon only, so users are looking for workarounds. Add an icon only option, and there won't be a need to worry about the lack of logic in the request.

14 hours ago, filip007 said:

it's not ideal but it works for now.

using "Alt+0160 for a blank space" as noted above would give a cleaner look. Unless of course you wanted a separator.

3 hours ago, filip007 said:

Alt+0160

Press the ALT key, then type 0160 on the numpad.

Once you have done it once, you can just copy/paste where ever you want.

You may run into issues if you use a laptop though as they don't have a standard numpad. If that is the case you can use character map to copy the symbol instead.

Was playing around with skins to see if this could be easily implemented. Seems it is quite simple, except that instead of icon+title and title only options, you'll get icon+title and icon only options. At least in the hacky way i implemented it.

That's obviously not the most ideal option, as i'm sure there'll be others who like the current way. Ideally you'd have the choice of all 3 options.

I'm not sure how to implement another state flag to add icon only in addition to the two other options. But regardless, it does make me wonder why the dev's can't quickly add this request, seeing as i'm sure they know a hell of a lot more than me about this.

@7twenty I have to say you're right in a way.. I saw this feature in Chrome/firefox/Opera 

Seeing so many browsers has this features I think I should try my best to giving suggestion to product team and I have done this by sending a detailed about this issue. Hope they can implement user needs.

Archived