×

Give a tip

How can I back up the entire history?


Simamtk

Recommended Posts

8 hours ago, Simamtk said:

Switching to a new PC, I am wondering how to back up the browser history.

if you have a passport it's easy : log on to your account and sync will be done automatically


If not, after installation, close the browser and copy these files from old pc to new : open maxthon again : everything should be there

C:\Users\youraccount\AppData\Roaming\Maxthon5\Users

 

 

 

 

sigmax2.png

Tip   Give
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I am signed in on both laptops, but Maxthon on the new laptop only has record of the sites that have been visited on that laptop. There is no history of my previous browsing.

I actually have had this question for a while. Sync doesn't seem to work with history.

12 hours ago, -ody- said:

if you have a passport it's easy : log on to your account and sync will be done automatically


If not, after installation, close the browser and copy these files from old pc to new : open maxthon again : everything should be there

C:\Users\youraccount\AppData\Roaming\Maxthon5\Users

 

 

 

 

 

Tip   Give
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Simamtk said:

I am signed in on both laptops, but Maxthon on the new laptop only has record of the sites that have been visited on that laptop. There is no history of my previous browsing.

I actually have had this question for a while. Sync doesn't seem to work with history.

 

You can see what is synced in settings > Privacy and content > auto sync, history is not included

Tip   Give
Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, PHYR said:

You can see what is synced in settings > Privacy and content > auto sync, history is not included

 Right on... Hence my question: Is there a way to back up the history other than going to the folder as -ody- suggests?

MaxthonSnap20180102003608.jpg

Tip   Give
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.