Disable PDF view on 5.1.4

Wisely

Apart from disabling the "allow all sites to run plugins" option in settings, there's not much else you can do. But that will also break a number of others, including flash.

MX really needs to give users more control over such things.

And i'm guessing you're talking about files opened from links you click on? As any local files should open with your default viewer unless you have set (or haven't changed) MX5 to be the default pdf viewer.

10 hours ago, 7twenty said:

Apart from disabling the "allow all sites to run plugins" option in settings, there's not much else you can do. But that will also break a number of others, including flash.

MX really needs to give users more control over such things.

And i'm guessing you're talking about files opened from links you click on? As any local files should open with your default viewer unless you have set (or haven't changed) MX5 to be the default pdf viewer.

MX5.1.4 is noway to disable open web link pdf in MX.

the setting only support MX "is" or "is not" windows system default pdf viewer. it's not for open web link in MX.

older MX version is build-in a pdf.dll, and we can remove it to disable pdf function. currently, we cannot find any file that control pdf view function as i can understood.

12 hours ago, pantantrollo said:

Deactivating it would not know how, but instead I use this much more complete addons

http://extension.maxthon.com/detail/index.php?view_id=3116

Un Saludo

Thanks a lot. it's a good plugin

Archived