Terminology and Functions

BGFun

Can someone explain the Difference between "Favorite", "Maxnote" and "Notes".

I also am confused why we have to add a site to Maxnote instead of the Traditional, Add to Favorites or Create a Folder in Favorites to add websites too.

Maxthon has made this confusing to even me. If I click on the favorites Icon, I get folders with dates, almost all those folders have the same data in each one, or I see websites just as links as I saved them. If I have a hard time understanding it (I am a phone, tablet, PC and TV repair tech), then an average user will not be able to figure it out.

As I mentioned in another post. I always suggest to my PC customers to use Maxthon. Some just won't use it due to being to complicated and other customers ask me to "train" them how to use Maxthon. I really think keeping things as user friendly and intuitive are key to being successful. Some customers don't even know other browsers exist outside of Google, IE, Edge etc.. To gain those users, the browser should be easy to navigate.

User Agents: This is kind of a mystery to me. I understand what User Agents do, how ever those Default emulations never get updated to the most current Strings from those other browsers. Maybe Maxthon could include a User String Update that searches for Browsers installed and pull in those Strings somehow. For some reason, I find myself having to switch Strings to get certain websites to display correctly. I mostly switch between, Chrome, Opera and IE 11. I never use The Maxthon string or Just Default.

Depending on the User Agent selected, I sometimes get the "Browser is Out of Date, Update to the Latest Google Chrome" message.

I am running V5.1.3.2000, I have found that if I update a String, for example Opera from Opera's most recent release, Maxthon displays "Settings Saved" however if i restart Maxthon, the default string returns. I don't know if I am doing something wrong or if it is a bug.

In my opinion Maxthon should include a manual save for "Settings" The manual save, I think, should be applied to each section of the settings options. For example if i go to the General Section of settings and make a change, I should be able to click a save button for that section. The same for Advanced, Privacy, Gestures and Shortcuts, etc..

Another topic we discussed is Flashplayer. I know some people do not run Flashplayer while others do. Some websites still use FP while others are using HTML5. I think, Maxthon should look at Macromedia to find the most recent DLL instead of keeping an old DLL in AppData. The process of updating Maxthon to the most current version of FlashPlayer is way beyond the typical user.

Maybe Maxthon could include a Button that either Updates to the new Version or simply pull the DLL from Macromedia. Just a thought.

Finally, Facebook has been making programming changes for the past week and Maxthon is having a problem with a few things. For example, when typing and a mistake is made and I use the backspace key, the character get removed, however when I make the post or comment, the characters that were backspaced out return at the end of the comment. The only way to actually remove those mistakes is to highlight them and use the Delete key. This issue only exists in Facebook. It doesn't happen on other websites or Word or text files.

The other issue is Live Stream and Commenting in live stream chat. Over the past week, many times I must go to the Owners FB page and click on the live stream instead of just clicking on the notification. Many times Clicking on the notification only results in the loading wheel and stays there.

Commenting, Sometimes the comment section to make a comment is missing. Another issue is comment updates, Comment updating will either nor update comments at all or the comments are extremely slow or the sometimes I can comment, the comment section will update and then freeze again.

I do not know if this is a FB issue or Maxthon Issue or a combination of both.

Thanks for letting me share my thoughts and issues.

Thanks for your sharing! These comments are valuable for us

On 2017/12/9 at 7:18 AM, BGFun said:

For example, when typing and a mistake is made and I use the backspace key, the character get removed, however when I make the post or comment, the characters that were backspaced out return at the end of the comment. The only way to actually remove those mistakes is to highlight them and use the Delete key. 

Have you tried on others browser? Same situation? or only on Maxthon Browser?

I tried to write  comment on fb comment are, I type the word and use Backspace key, I can delete them directly

On 12/13/2017 at 4:05 AM, BugSir006 said:

Thanks for your sharing! These comments are valuable for us

Have you tried on others browser? Same situation? or only on Maxthon Browser?

I tried to write  comment on fb comment are, I type the word and use Backspace key, I can delete them directly

It appears Facebook has solved the issue. In addition, I am finding that Maxthon is extremely slower than Opera. I mentioned in another post how many websites heavy with ads become unreadable in Maxthon with the constant "loading, resolving host, waiting on website," message whenever scrolling. The message appears over and over with every scroll of the page.

Archived