ghost tabs

-ody-

7 hours ago, -ody- said:

for some reason, sometimes tabs don't show like if they were hidden in the background ; to make them show again you need to close the "new tab" tab. 

ghost tab.png

@Ody - I can't reproduce this in my portable version.  Are you using the installer version?  What's the recpe for making it occur?

<<SL>>

30 minutes ago, SnowLeopard said:

@Ody - I can't reproduce this in my portable version.  Are you using the installer version?  What's the recpe for making it occur?

<<SL>>

Correction; I found a recipe to produce this "ghost" effect:

1.  Set up a sequence of tabs like this:

| New tab | Maxthon tab | Maxthon tab | New tab | nMaxthon Tab | YouTube tab |

2.  Now close the tabs from right to left noting what happens when tab 4 (New tab) is closed.

3.  The New tab QA jumps to the 3rd tab.  Clicking back and forth between tabs 2 and 3 does nothing.

4.  However, clicking tab1 (New tab) followed by tab 3 restores the web page.  Note this is consistant with closing the New tab.

So the problem is confirmed.

<<SL>>

ody~ Is this issue you have mentioned in early access area(test on 5.1.4.1300) before? When close a new tab but the page still display QA page not your webpage?

This issue has been solved 5.1.4. 1700 beta version. Now in my install 5.1.4.1700 version it never appear such situation

2 hours ago, -ody- said:

same issue on my side, but I'm not sure the way your report it is what I told you.. maybe you speak of a different issue

anyway, it's not solved, another user can reproduce it.

@BugSir006 - to reproduce follow my directions here (#3):

This is on Win7 with portable Mx 5.1.4.1700 beta.

<<SL>>

@-ody- @SnowLeopard What's your version? V5.1.4.1700?

I ve tried to re-produce by @SnowLeopard 's steps but I can't re-produce on third step, here's a video you can see.

The New tab will not jump to 3rd tab. The 3rd tab display normal.

Did I do the correct steps according you said?

On 2017/12/3 at 5:26 AM, SnowLeopard said:

3.  The New tab QA jumps to the 3rd tab.  Clicking back and forth between tabs 2 and 3 does nothing.

1.gif

Archived