Cannot play Netflix

Atavus

Hi,

I tried using Netflix on MX 5.1.3.200 but all I get is a black screen.

I entirely disabled the 2 extensions I was using, one of which is ABP but to no avail.
I tried disabling Ultra mode and I got this message from the Netflix page: "Microsoft Silverlight is required to play this title."
Netflix is working fine on other browsers like Chrome.

Any ideas please?

I have a similar Issue, the video appears to start loading but it will never actually play the video just the audio, the video will look like is still loading while the audio plays :c 

I've tried everything, disabling ABP, checking that maxthon is allowed to run external plugins, change cores, proxy, User agent and upgrading silverlight, chrome runs netflix perfectly :T 

MaxthonSnap20171208141017.png

22 hours ago, EddyFicio said:

I have a similar Issue, the video appears to start loading but it will never actually play the video just the audio, the video will look like is still loading while the audio plays :c 

I've tried everything, disabling ABP, checking that maxthon is allowed to run external plugins, change cores, proxy, User agent and upgrading silverlight, chrome runs netflix perfectly :T 

I've been having this issue for months, please help c: 

23 hours ago, EddyFicio said:

In my case, the audio doesn't even play. Just loading and loading.

2 hours ago, Simamtk said:

In my case, the audio doesn't even play. Just loading and loading.

Try using the retro mode, and wait, it takes a while (4-5 min) and then the audii will start to play c: yeah the problem is old, I've been having this problem I believe since mx5 was launched  or in the really early versions of it :c 

and I have been complaining for months now, I hope it get fixed soon :c also make the pop up available for netflix :v

Hello everyone

We are trying to solve this issue now. It would be great if you can help us. Here’s steps we need you help us to check

1. Win+R-%appdata%

2. Find a folder name”Maxthon5”

3. Re-name that folder and restart the browser(e.g change to “1”)

4. Then there will create a new “Maxthon5” folder, please delete that new creation MX5 folder

5. Change the previous folder’s name back to “Maxthon5” (e.g  from “1” to “Maxthon5”)

Thanks for your cooperation, we re looking forward your reply about whether this issue solved or not.

Netflix问题-文件夹重命名.png

16 hours ago, BugSir006 said:

Hello everyone

We are trying to solve this issue now. It would be great if you can help us. Here’s steps we need you help us to check

1. Win+R-%appdata%

2. Find a folder name”Maxthon5”

3. Re-name that folder and restart the browser(e.g change to “1”)

4. Then there will create a new “Maxthon5” folder, please delete that new creation MX5 folder

5. Change the previous folder’s name back to “Maxthon5” (e.g  from “1” to “Maxthon5”)

Thanks for your cooperation, we re looking forward your reply about whether this issue solved or not.

Netflix问题-文件夹重命名.png

I've tried with the installed version a few hours ago and It did't work

Hello everyone 

Thanks for all support developer said that he make changes in next release version package(approximate time :this Friday)

Then everyone can download the newest version from our Maxthon news section. We are not sure whether it could be fix or not this time. We need you have a test when release version comes out. Much appreciate!!

BTW: Why can't test with earlier version hmm..earlier portable packets may not take any effect , because part of the logic is being controlled online.

On 12/12/2017 at 3:22 AM, BugSir006 said:

Hello everyone 

Thanks for all support developer said that he make changes in next release version package(approximate time :this Friday)

Then everyone can download the newest version from our Maxthon news section. We are not sure whether it could be fix or not this time. We need you have a test when release version comes out. Much appreciate!!

BTW: Why can't test with earlier version hmm..earlier portable packets may not take any effect , because part of the logic is being controlled online.

There's only one developer behind the entire project?

I have Discovered something quite interesting c: 
If you disable the Hardware Boost Mode soemething funny happends...

MaxthonSnap20171213120703.png

After restarting the browser I opened netflix with retromode activated, the video started to load but never actually finishes (the audio started to play normally) (no change at all)MaxthonSnap20171213120945.png

So I decided to switch to ultra mode, Netflix started to load normally and then netflix gave me a message that says "Something went wrong, Incognito mode error, your browser appears to have the private navigation function activated, disactivate it and try again"
MaxthonSnap20171213121428.png

It doesn't fix anything, I don't know if it makes a difference but, I thought I had to tell you what I found :'v

1 hour ago, EddyFicio said:

I have Discovered something quite interesting c: 
If you disable the Hardware Boost Mode soemething funny happends...

MaxthonSnap20171213120703.png

After restarting the browser I opened netflix with retromode activated, the video started to load but never actually finishes (the audio started to play normally) (no change at all)MaxthonSnap20171213120945.png

So I decided to switch to ultra mode, Netflix started to load normally and then netflix gave me a message that says "Something went wrong, Incognito mode error, your browser appears to have the private navigation function activated, disactivate it and try again"
MaxthonSnap20171213121428.png

It doesn't fix anything, I don't know if it makes a difference but, I thought I had to tell you what I found :'v

"Your Name" is on Netflix??? How come I can't find it on my Netflix? Country restriction?

7 hours ago, EddyFicio said:

First you need to be able to watch it :'v, and probably yes, I have great results with Crunchyroll when I VPN to a server in the US.

Lol, you are a real otaku, aren't you? Same here.

One of my pet peeves about anime on Netflix is most of them do not have Japanese subs. I don't like watching anime with English subs on. Japanese subs always supplement the audio for me.

Why can't every Japanese show be like Terrace House, with Japanese subs, Japanese commentaries, and everything?

10 minutes ago, Simamtk said:

Lol, you are a real otaku, aren't you? Same here.

One of my pet peeves about anime on Netflix is most of them do not have Japanese subs. I don't like watching anime with English subs on. Japanese subs always supplement the audio for me.

Why can't every Japanese show be like Terrace House, with Japanese subs, Japanese commentaries, and everything?

Kind of a real otaku, I do prefer having subs on my own language, if they are in japanese I could't read the, :U

3 minutes ago, BugSir006 said:

Hi everyone this issue is still being fixing..

There something we need confirm with you

1.Changing to which UA could play netflix normally?

C: I was literally playing with different UA, JUST BEFORE READING THIS C:

Maxthon- Does not work (Eternal loading loop)
(Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Maxthon/5.0 Chrome/55.0.2883.75 Safari/537.36)

IE 6 to 10- Does not work (cannot load page)
Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1)

IE 11- Does not work (eternal loading loop)
Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 10.0; Windows NT 6.1; Trident/6.0)

Firefox- Holy ####ing shit it really works!
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; rv:40.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/40.0

Chrome- Do not work (official error screen "incognito mode activated")
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/55.0.2883.75 Safari/537.36

Safari - Do not work (cannot load plugin page)
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.1 Safari/537.36

Opera- Do not work (cannot load plugin page)
Opera/9.99 (Windows NT 5.1; U; en-US) Presto/9.9.9

Ipad- Do not work (Banner that lead you to download the app)Mozilla/5.0 (iPad; CPU OS 5_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9B176 Safari/7534.48.3

CHANGE TO FIREFOX!

MaxthonSnap20171214010150.png

Archived