MX5 Quick Access and New Tab behavior

ligoten

I finally made the switch from Maxthon 4 to 5 and I have a quibble. In all my years of Maxthon usage, I have always been able to open the Quick Access next to the active tab. Now the Quick Access is permanently stuck on the right end of the tab bar. Crucially, this means that opening the Quick Access from a tab way over on the left, the newly created tab will be at the opposite end of the window. This feels disorienting and inconsistent when compared to opening a new tab any other way.. When I'm browsing a web page and want to quickly look something relevant up and return to my previous page, I have to change my deeply ingrained process (reinforced by four Maxthon generations over more than a decade) to accommodate a fundamental feature change that I don't see the justification for.

33 minutes ago, ligoten said:

I finally made the switch from Maxthon 4 to 5 and I have a quibble. In all my years of Maxthon usage, I have always been able to open the Quick Access next to the active tab. Now the Quick Access is permanently stuck on the right end of the tab bar. Crucially, this means that opening the Quick Access from a tab way over on the left, the newly created tab will be at the opposite end of the window. This feels disorienting and inconsistent when compared to opening a new tab any other way.. When I'm browsing a web page and want to quickly look something relevant up and return to my previous page, I have to change my deeply ingrained process (reinforced by four Maxthon generations over more than a decade) to accommodate a fundamental feature change that I don't see the justification for.

a new UI is on its way (test version) and it may please you.

sigmax2.png

10 minutes ago, Mo88 said:

Please re-add the ability for Quick Access to recognize website logos when adding new sites. Mine looks so messy with a mixture of screenshots, colour blocks with text that doesn't fit, and logos from my older adds from when QA had this feature. 

add my vote to this !!!

sigmax2.png

6 hours ago, -ody- said:

add my vote to this !!!

I have another behavior that should be corrected.  A "New Tab" is not replaced by the webpage selected from the QA or entered in the aggressbar.  Instead another tab with the page opens to the right of the active New Tab.  Consequently all NewTabs are left behind unless closed manually.

However, caution is needed when fixing this that a webpage you opened does not close when you click on one of its links to open in a new page.

<<SL>>

Another thing is on the QA, the search bar is stuck on Baidu and you can't change it and no search suggestions come as you type. I wouldn't mind this but Baidu is all in Chinese lol. Searching from address bar works as it should so no issue there. This issue is on version 5.1.4.1700 and I did a fresh install

MaxthonSnap20171130130847.jpg

4 hours ago, Mo88 said:

Another thing is on the QA, the search bar is stuck on Baidu and you can't change it and no search suggestions come as you type. I wouldn't mind this but Baidu is all in Chinese lol. Searching from address bar works as it should so no issue there. This issue is on version 5.1.4.1700 and I did a fresh install

Not confirmed here.  The QA searchbar (in the portable 5.1.4.1700) has the full list of search engines and I can freely change them.  Perhaps the installer version has a problem that the portable does not.

Sorry I don't have any troubleshooting ideas now.

<<SL>>

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/30/2017 at 1:06 PM, Mo88 said:

I can switch search engine freely but there is no suggestion on QA search bar, address search suggests as it should but I'm using M5.1.4.2100.

10 minutes ago, -ody- said:

I never use this search bar (QA), I'd prefer to be able to change the search engines from address bar (aliases work, but I don't remember all of them, a scrool down list would be fine)

no idea why they have removed change the search engine from address bar  - the code is there - theres an error in it as far as i can see so they have stopped it running - maybe they cannot work out whats wrong?

Tony     -  Vivaldi 4 on Windows 10 64Bit

Archived