Maxnote's new version issue

Dear Maxers

As we know, Maxnote had been updated and made a few improvements on UI and other features since V5.1.4.800. The new version still need some improvement and there might exist some 'not perfect' experience now. We really appreciate that anyone could help us test the version and give us some feedback at the very first time.
About the Maxnote new version, here I will need to make a clarification for everyone to prevent from accidental deletion. 

After the update we will find there appear a new button(Note button) on navigation bar/sidebar. 

Under most cases, if you click favorite/note button, there will appear different folders under Favorite/note button like the following image:

1.png

You will find there exist same folders in “My favorite” button and “My notes” button, but the account display different number, that is they share the same folder(like work/life) but the content is different, the Life(2) in“My favorite”only display websites form(which you saved as bookmarks).the Life(0)in “My notes” only display notes form(which you saved as notes)

2.png    3.png

What I want to remind users is they just share one same folder in two different buttons, please do not delete any folder in any button. If you delete Life folder in “My favorite” , you can't find it in "My notes" too. All data in that folder will disappear.

In future, our product team will also make a “Notice Box” in case mistakenly deleted. Here I just make a brief explanation before the "Notice Box"comes out.

Thank you.

20 hours ago, BugSir006 said:

In future, our product team will also make a “Notice Box” in case mistakenly deleted. Here I just make a brief explanation before the "Notice Box"comes out.

Thank you.

is there a way to recover my lost notes ? I really need them

sigmax2.png

On 15/11/2017 at 10:28 AM, BugSir006 said:

I think that is theme is very important.
If the people who read these forums, we have suffered some mishap, I do not want to think about those who do not read these forums :Smiling_Face_Emoji_with_Blushed_Cheeks_42x42:

Un Saludo

• 3 weeks later...

Shouldn't programming treat them as totally separate functions?

The average user will not understand what is happening. Sometimes I think MX programmers are over thinking what a browser should do. Things should be simple and intuitive.

When I do PC repairs, I always suggest and sometimes install Maxthon for my customers but after following up with them, they quit using Maxthon because it is too confusing for them. Sometimes a customer likes the look but I end up "training" them how to use Maxthon.

This tells me it isn't as user friendly as it should be. imaxthon startup page compared to Quick Access is confusing to them, adding favorite sites to Maxnote as opposed to be a simple add to favorites is cumbersome and confusing and Passkeeper confuses some users.

These are all great functions for people that understand Maxthon's Terminology and that have used Maxthon for some time but it isn't easy for just an average person that has never used Maxthon before. 

When I was in manufacturing we had a term that we used when creating new processes. The Term is the "KISS" method. KISS= Keep It Simple Stupid.

On 2017/12/9 at 5:55 AM, BGFun said:

Shouldn't programming treat them as totally separate functions?

The Term is the "KISS" method. KISS= Keep It Simple Stupid.

To be honest, I was confused by these two folders in the beginning I totally agree your opinion"Keep it Simple "

Now we are gradually optimizing the Maxnote UI and your words are valuable for us

Archived