Is PassKeeper being shared?

In the past week or so, I've been getting emails from websites saying that I need to change my password due to unusual activity. Some sites, like Cineplex, I haven't logged into my account in awhile, so it's not me that is trying to access my account. I have gotten emails from Outlook saying there's been unusual activity and when I check m activity logs, there's unsuccessful login attempts from other countries. Yesterday Amazon had my account locked until I changed my password. I have a paid Bitdefender service so I'm pretty sure I don't have virus. And I checked the sender of these emails in case they were phishing scams and I a;lways reset my password from the actual websites, not through the button by email, but they were all legitimate. I'm not accusing Maxthon, but it seems odd 

xcvb.jpg

2 hours ago, Mo88 said:

In the past week or so, I've been getting emails from websites saying that I need to change my password due to unusual activity. Some sites, like Cineplex, I haven't logged into my account in awhile, so it's not me that is trying to access my account. I have gotten emails from Outlook saying there's been unusual activity and when I check m activity logs, there's unsuccessful login attempts from other countries. Yesterday Amazon had my account locked until I changed my password. I have a paid Bitdefender service so I'm pretty sure I don't have virus. And I checked the sender of these emails in case they were phishing scams and I a;lways reset my password from the actual websites, not through the button by email, but they were all legitimate. I'm not accusing Maxthon, but it seems odd 

same here (amazon), but I don't think it's related to maxthon....

sigmax2.png

6 hours ago, -ody- said:

same here (amazon), but I don't think it's related to maxthon....

They are not associated with Maxthon.  They are fishing emails regardless of how "authentic" they may appear.  If you are ever in doubt, log on to the site and look for a "phishing" or "abuse" link to which you can forward the emails and forward it to them.  They will get back to you almost immediately if it is someone trying to get your information. I get them all the time for eBay, Amazon, etc.

post3dmg4_zps398d3651.jpgWindows 10 64-bit build 10525/Windows 10 Mobile build 10512

Archived