V 5.1.4.800 - MultiErrors

Chantao

My first : Passkeeper is empty.

Then: Sorting does not work. And then this, please look picture 1 . 

After reinstalling release version: Passkeeper is also empty. Sync Error

This is by far the worst version I have met from Maxthon.

Passkeeper Recover Picture 2

The sync error comes from the fact that Favorites Manager now has these funny pictures, like Google Chrome Bookmark Manager. However, if you move files in Bookmark Manager, it does not synchronize anymore with the Bookmark Bar.

Really a great try, dear Maxthon team, now you have totally crashed the synchonization.

And I already hear the question: Which CPU, which operating system?  

emptyfoldersbookmarkbar.png

recovererror.png

After the clean deinstallation the "new" Passkeeper is empty again. Maxthon is not fun today

I wanted to give him another chance, but then just wanted to re-enter the passwords, but it is tedious, because even LastPass does not work anymore. I mean, there were 500 passwords in my keeper by now. You know Maxthon, I keep trying to give Maxthon a chance, but the browser is getting worse and worse. It was a nice feature to move multiple files, but with this browser the files that I want to move disappear in between. The bookmark bar displays only an empty folder. And, as I said: no passkeeper anymore. Do it so that you first test everything and then put the browser on the net. Now there are only broken pieces.

I have the Opera, and that's the best browser. Why am I constantly annoying Maxthon?

17 minutes ago, BugSir006 said:

@ChenTao 

:(Sorry for the inconvenience that this issue bring to you! This is caused by server problem, and now the server is still fixing.

The data never lost but not being displayed on browser temporarily.

Please wait in patient and I will inform you if the server works! 

which raises the question is it possible - to set password storage locally - if not why not

Tony     -  Vivaldi 4 on Windows 10 64Bit

Everything is alright now, BugSir006, we never lose the belief that Maxthon gets everything back within 2 days, but we still grumble and cry. No, BugSir006, we users should apologize for always questioning us.

And @Tony: Passkeeper must not only be local, but you can take KeepAss. We want to be in sync with our other devices.

14 minutes ago, BugSir006 said:

The Passkeeper data had backup locally but when server is back to work, the data will be replace. (Maybe empty again) 

realise that - my point being that there should be a way to switch off the server side and do it all locally

Tony     -  Vivaldi 4 on Windows 10 64Bit

You can not have everything :candy: I see it now, with the new beta we now have Maxthon, Vivladi and Opera together. Because you can not complain. At some point, everything will work again. I often think, as Maxthon User, I am a spoiled whiner.

As for the sorting: In Opera under 15 was in the Favorites Manager also everything Order by Descend. Here we already see the similarities that can occur.

21 hours ago, Chantao said:

If I want to backup a snapshot, the browser crashes, but it backs up at the same time.

Click on "save"icon and then crash happened?

16 hours ago, Chantao said:

Not working: Order by Ascend (Picture 1)

sortingascend.png

I ve tested here, it can change the records order when I click "Reverse sort records by created order by Ascend" these line

Currently I have about 5500 bookmarks, and these are not all that Maxthon recorded, but he synchronized so synonymous, the ones that I have long deleted. You can tell by the fact that I want to save a bookmark and he shows me that I already have it. He remembers and this memory makes his head heavy, poor Maxthon.

And all the thousands of records he synchronizes constantly. With other browsers Firefox or Opera you can see the full extent, if you log on to a sync once, then all the thousands come in one shot, which then gives chaos. That was always an abomination at the Opera before 15, when he said that he had to synchronize once again. You notice that when suddenly nothing works.

I think sooner or later one should refrain from the synchronization. Who needs these many bookmarks? For testing, I often delete the 5000, but that's no use, because in the background, the Sync often runs on 100 times 5000 on.

These are also the reasons for server crash. Or you have tu use Quantum-PC :titter:

And now that was a proper clean uninstall, and now the history works again. Now I can not insert English text with Maxthon here in the forum * moan * writing works. but ctrl + v not anymore. But with Release it works. And now change to beta again.

Now Beta works right.

When saving snapshot the browser still crashes with message "Fatal Error".

Then it works right, but what should that bring me? No, then I can also switch to the release and wait until it eventually works out with a new version.  

On the other hand, I do not use MX Snaps so often. I use Nimbus Notes. I just want to suggest that it just does not work as it should. I did not find any more mistakes. I can live with that first.

But thank you 7Twenty very much for your quick help.

First and foremost, the forum is there to communicate people with people in all parts of the world. The browser is ranked 2. Maxthon Community is a leader in browser forums.

5 hours ago, Chantao said:

Then it works right, but what should that bring me?

It means the problem isn't necessarily a maxthon problem. More than likely an extension, setting or corruption somewhere.

If as you say you don't use it, then you can ignore it knowing it more than likely isn't an issue that will affect others.

If you want to try and resolve it, read through the troubleshooting thread.

On 11/11/2017 at 3:24 AM, Chantao said:

Can I import a guest access snapshot into my login version?

Save the file to desktop and copy it into the account.

4 hours ago, Chantao said:

V 5.1.4.1100 unfortunately the same. 

Nothing's going to change, because the problem isn't with Maxthon - it's your install.

Archived