Invalid SSL for mail.google.com

klear6

Hey guys,

I am getting an invalid certificate error for gmail (not that domain, but their servers).  The little shield next to the url isn't a shield anymore, it's a lock and I think it changed colors (color blind).  I pay for the domain so I went to admin.google.com and got chat support.  They said "gSuite" (whatever you want to call it, they keep changing the name) doesn't require a certificate.  I tried disabling my extensions and reconnecting to my extender but nothing seemed to help.  This happened about 5 days ago also.  I left it alone for awhile because I got to my email through IE.  I went back to the site, using MX 5.1.1.1 btw, and it didn't error.  I may have rebooted at some point - I don't remember.  But today it started doing it again.  I'm not great with networking and such so I need some help fixing this.  Any ideas?  I will look up some stuff while I am waiting for an answer and do more troubleshooting.  Is this version the latest for beta?  If not, I need to update it and it hasn't told me to do so.

thanks

klear6

3 hours ago, klear6 said:

Hey guys,

I am getting an invalid certificate error for gmail (not that domain, but their servers).  The little shield next to the url isn't a shield anymore, it's a lock and I think it changed colors (color blind).  I pay for the domain so I went to admin.google.com and got chat support.  They said "gSuite" (whatever you want to call it, they keep changing the name) doesn't require a certificate.  I tried disabling my extensions and reconnecting to my extender but nothing seemed to help.  This happened about 5 days ago also.  I left it alone for awhile because I got to my email through IE.  I went back to the site, using MX 5.1.1.1 btw, and it didn't error.  I may have rebooted at some point - I don't remember.  But today it started doing it again.  I'm not great with networking and such so I need some help fixing this.  Any ideas?  I will look up some stuff while I am waiting for an answer and do more troubleshooting.  Is this version the latest for beta?  If not, I need to update it and it hasn't told me to do so.

thanks

klear6

I had this problem many times I solved it not using google.com , now I use "duck duck go" and it works better. No problem

On 2017/10/12 at 7:08 AM, klear6 said:

OK, here's what I tried.  I ripped the certificate out of IE and imported it to mx.  Didn't change anything.  Switched the browser core to retro and it no longer gives the error message...so, um, can someone interpret that for me?

Did you use a proxy or not?

??Set your payment address in profile if you have not. Let's reward people who contribute to Maxthon community. ❤️❤️ Click Here ❤️❤️

On 14/10/2017 at 9:08 AM, MaxthonJeff said:

Did you use a proxy or not?

Not to answer for the OP, but this is an issue that has been going on for the past few weeks with multiple users over many countries and numerous versions of MX. I highly doubt they're all using a proxy and not one has mentioned that up till now.

More issues here:

i'm pretty sure there are more, that was just a quick look at the first few pages of the forum.

On 2017/10/12 at 4:37 AM, klear6 said:

Hey guys,

thanks

klear6

Please try the newest beta version and check whether this question still exists

5 hours ago, BugSir006 said:

Please try the newest beta version and check whether this question still exists

This is also still happening for me with the latest internal test version (5.1.3.200) so I don't think that trying the newest beta will solve it either, unless of course you made some changes from the internal release and the public release. I'll download and install latest version.

8 minutes ago, rick.lane said:

This is also still happening for me with the latest internal test version (5.1.3.200) so I don't think that trying the newest beta will solve it either, unless of course you made some changes from the internal release and the public release. I'll download and install latest version.

M5.1.3.200 did fix certificate errors I was having.

1 hour ago, joemax said:

also sorted out the certificate error for me but broke noads so not a lot of good for me

Tony     -  Vivaldi 4 on Windows 10 64Bit

4 hours ago, joemax said:

Thanks for the response. I downloaded the new "version" of 5.1.3.200 beta and installed it into the same folder as the original and indeed the certificate problem I had also been having for the last week or so is no longer there. Guess they did make some changes to the original before public release. 

I haven't used NOAds for some time so I can not confirm or deny your problem with that extension, Tony. Sorry I'm not of any help.

Archived