Strange Icon in IMDb?

DaveMax

Is anyone else seeing this strange icon in IMDb? I’m running Mx 5.1.2.3000 on Windows 7.

mx1.jpg

I’m also seeing it in Firefox but not Chrome. It’s always in the same place whatever page you are viewing in IMDb, if you click on the icon it takes you back to IMDb’s homepage.

mx2.jpg

4 hours ago, joemax said:

On Win10 with Mx5.1.2.3000 the icon appears in proper location. You might try using a different User Agent in advanced settings.

imdb.png

I see th4 same (normal) screen as above on Win7 Enterprise (64-bit).  I'm running 5.1.2.3000 portable.

<<SL>>

Thanks for the replies, the original icon has disappeared to be replaced with this:mxmorebollocks.jpg

So MX5 doesn't support Win 7 then? As MS still do. I don't really want to shag around with the UA as that can cause more problems. But Firefox 56 suffers from the same problem. However, IMDb renders perfectly in K-Meleon, SeaMonkey, Chrome, Opera, Vivaldi and Pale Moon.

I don't know why I'm getting this with Firefox and Maxthon. My suspicions are the adblockers (Adguard on Firefox).

My suspicions have been confirmed. For some reason this is an adblocking problem. Also, it is cross platform. The same thing happened to Firefox on Ubuntu, but not Chrome. I changed the adblocker on Firefox back to uBlock Origin. The problem disappeared.

ubo.png

Good argument for a uBO version for Maxthon?

Assuming it's ABP related, delete all the ABP filterlists and let them update again.

On 29/09/2017 at 10:04 PM, DaveMax said:

I don't really want to shag around with the UA as that can cause more problems.

You should test just to make sure. At least make sure you're using the default Maxthon or chrome strings.

7 minutes ago, 7twenty said:

Assuming it's ABP related, delete all the ABP filterlists and let them update again.

You should test just to make sure. At least make sure you're using the default Maxthon or chrome strings.

I deleted the ABP lists and updated them earlier but it seemed to fix itself before that. It seems to be working fine now, but it was sporadic earlier.

mx1.jpg

This is my UA:

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Maxthon/5.0 Chrome/55.0.2883.75 Safari/537.36

I think it's up to date. I'm still pretty convinced this is an adblocking problem with IMDb. 

1 minute ago, DaveMax said:

I'm still pretty convinced this is an adblocking problem with IMDb.

Possibly, but others should be having the same issue. OS version shouldn't affect that.

2 minutes ago, DaveMax said:

(Windows NT 5.1)

Are you using the default (unchecked) UA? No reason why it should be a Windows XP version string if you're on W7 (v6.1), unless you've added it manually. Although as with above, that shouldn't affect anything.

21 minutes ago, 7twenty said:

Possibly, but others should be having the same issue. OS version shouldn't affect that.

Are you using the default (unchecked) UA? No reason why it should be a Windows XP version string if you're on W7 (v6.1), unless you've added it manually. Although as with above, that shouldn't affect anything.

It affected Firefox the same way until I changed the adblocker to uBO, so I'm pretty certain it's an adblocking thing. 

I have no idea why the UA is showing XP as I'm running Win 7. 

14 minutes ago, Magdalene said:

Try this one with latest Chrome, MX etc. 

Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; IA64; en) AppleWebKit/599.0+ Maxthon/5.1 Chrome/61.0.3163.100 QupZilla/2.1.2

OK thanks, I'll look into this.

Archived