Various problems recently

GaT

Maxthon version: 5.0.3.2000 & over, up to 5.1.2.00-beta

WinXP Pro 64-bit up-to-date (as much as it can possibly be).

Kaspersky Internet Security 2017

--------------

These issues - please view enclosed screenshots - have been occurring over the last few days, after months of trouble-free service:

The Gmail issue was sorted after one update, but the other 2 remain.

I don't know which site has an "Invalid Certificate" as the error doesn't say (at least 10 different websites opened).

The site that's not loading properly in the 3rd pic is: https://www.hotukdeals.com

I've tried the usual of clearing browser data & updating Flash Player to no avail.

Another issue (that I've always had) is that it loads blank tabs at random - I've locked around 20 tabs so they re-open each time I launch Maxthon.

By the way, none of these issues occur in Chrome, Firefox or Opera (don't use IE any more except to check for Windows updates).

Maxthon browser cannot access Gmail.png

--------------

Maxthon browser - Invalid Certificate error pop-up (unknown site).png

--------------

Maxthon browser - not displaying HUKD site properly.png

11 hours ago, GaT said:

The site that's not loading properly in the 3rd pic is: https://www.hotukdeals.com

Works fine here. Test using portable or guest account if you're using a passport and see if it still happens.

11 hours ago, GaT said:

I don't know which site has an "Invalid Certificate" as the error doesn't say

There's been a few complaints about some google pages causing that of late. Dev's are apparently looking into it.

11 hours ago, GaT said:

Another issue (that I've always had) is that it loads blank tabs at random -

Blank tabs as in white page only? or new tab page with quick access? It's odd, as there's no reason for it to do that. Either it's a page that's opening them up as a popup, or you're accidentally hitting ctrl-N or T, or there's some program send that combo.

8 hours ago, 7twenty said:

Works fine here. Test using portable or guest account if you're using a passport and see if it still happens.

Thanks guys, using M'Portable, I find that the "Invalid Certificate" error is happening with https://www.hotukdeals.com (HUKD) (i.e. not on Google).

As it says on their site (click on 'Show footer' near bottom right, which appears as you scroll down past page 1), they are 'Part of Pepper' www.pepper.com, which may be causing Maxthon to be confused?

Also, this HUKD site is not loading completely with M'Portable either (not using a passport at all).

4 hours ago, BugSir006 said:

2.  https://www.hotukdeals.co I've accessed this page and no problem here, have you install any addons? You can check via Menu(ALT+F)-Settings-Functions&Addons-Addons

Yes, I have one: Adblock Plus, but even if I disable it (in M'Portable too), I still get the same incomplete loading with HUKD.

8 hours ago, 7twenty said:

Blank tabs as in white page only? or new tab page with quick access? It's odd, as there's no reason for it to do that. Either it's a page that's opening them up as a popup, or you're accidentally hitting ctrl-N or T, or there's some program send that combo.

Sorry, I should've said the blank tabs (white pages only) appear when opening Maxthon afresh (but not always). The previously locked tabs (around 20) have their original URLs intact, & refreshing them makes no difference either - still white pages only. On the other hand, 'duplicating' (right-click > Duplicate tab) each locked blank tab one at a time, opens them normally in a new tab to the URL they were originally saved. Or, I have to close & re-open Maxthon a few times before the previously locked tabs load normally.

7 hours ago, GaT said:

Also, this HUKD site is not loading completely with M'Portable either (not using a passport at all).

Well that means it's definitely something going on with Maxthon. Given all the issues many users are having with certificates related to google somehow. Seems it's only a problem for users possibly in a certain country/area, or ones served by a particular server. I think once that is fixed, then all of these problems will go away. Dev's are aware as far as I can tell based on posts from Bugsirs. So hopefully it will be fixed in the next release or so.

7 hours ago, GaT said:

Sorry, I should've said the blank tabs (white pages only) appear when opening Maxthon afresh (but not always). The previously locked tabs (around 20) have their original URLs intact, & refreshing them makes no difference either - still white pages only.

Clear cache. Only thing that I can think of right now.

Thanks 7twenty, will wait it out then.

About clearing cache, already tried - quoted from my initial post:

On 9/6/2017 at 6:29 PM, GaT said:

I've tried the usual of clearing browser data & updating Flash Player to no avail.

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, GaT said:

I can confirm none of the issues happen in Windows 7 (64-bit).

Although, this is (which I've not seen before) - overlapping text in a Google search:

Check that you are using IE proxy. I'm using win10, I doubt it is a windows issue. No longer have an XP machine to check.

I also don't have an issue with certificate.

Edit: I'd also delete your browsing history especially temporary internet files and website files. . Internet Options > General tab > Browsing history > Delete. Also check that browsing history settings "Temp Internet Files" are not set to <Never> 

uk.png

Thanks guys, Google searches are now working fine in Win7 (& XP) without changing anything. It was in 'standard' mode (I hadn't changed anything after installing Maxthon), so not sure what 'Retro mode without standard rendering enabled' means, or even know how to change to this mode.

XP is using IE proxy. Already tried clearing browser history & cache - see my initial post. Done from 'hamburger' menu > Clear browsing data. Also manually (& forcefully using Unlocker) deleted all files in the Cache folder (path in my system: D:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local Settings\Temp\Maxthon3Cache\Temp\Webkit\Cache). Also, done in IE (what you meant, right?), & I can also confirm IE browsing history settings are not set to 'Never'. The problems only started happening a few days before my initial post - I hadn't updated Maxthon or changed any browser settings whatsoever in Maxthon or IE - so a mystery to me & you'll!

Archived