Is there a way to Convert to Offline?

I would like to convert to offline, but not lose all my settings for Speed Dial, passwords, cookies, and search engines. Can this be done without losing a solid month of work to set it all up?

Also, I would like an exact copy of my configuration of M5 on my wife's laptop without it attacking mine on line and destroying it. Possible, or not?

Thanks,,,

13 hours ago, bobad1 said:

I would like to convert to offline, but not lose all my settings for Speed Dial, passwords, cookies, and search engines. Can this be done without losing a solid month of work to set it all up?

Also, I would like an exact copy of my configuration of M5 on my wife's laptop without it attacking mine on line and destroying it. Possible, or not?

Thanks,,,

1) does it mean you want to sign out from your passport and retrieve your data as a guest ?

log out, open maxthon as a guest : it will retrieve your data, if it fails, use the import tool and try againimport.png

you may also copy all files from your passport account to your guest account C:\Users\********\AppData\Roaming\Maxthon5\Users

2) disable sync in settings sync.png

sigmax2.png

Thanks  ody, will check user tree. Didn't think of that because I use the portable version.

Totally afraid of syncing, I've lost all my settings messing with it. Believe me, it takes a month to restore all my settings, passwords, search engines, and Quick Launch.

Actually, the ideal solution would be to save my settings to editable INI and DAT files and turn off Passport completely.  Passport has been totally unsatisfactory from day 1, it puts a month of tweaks at risk. 

Archived