Why do I need password to manage Magic Fill???

I used to be able to click on Manage Magic Fill, choose a web page,  then click on EDIT or SHOW PASSWORD, and it would show the info for that web page. Now every time I go to MF, I have to enter my Maxthon PW before I can see anything.

I recently changed computers and had to download Maxthon. Is this a feature of an updated version? If so, can I go back to an earlier version of Maxthon? Or is there any way I can override this?  I find it to be a pain in the rear.   

1 hour ago, Skeez said:

I used to be able to click on Manage Magic Fill, choose a web page,  then click on EDIT or SHOW PASSWORD, and it would show the info for that web page. Now every time I go to MF, I have to enter my Maxthon PW before I can see anything.

I recently changed computers and had to download Maxthon. Is this a feature of an updated version? If so, can I go back to an earlier version of Maxthon? Or is there any way I can override this?  I find it to be a pain in the rear.   

i don't even remember a version without password for magic fill. I agree all those security constraints like UAC etc may be tirering, on the other hand people want more security and complain every time they think there's a security breach....

sigmax2.png

Archived