Manage My Favorites In Maxthon 5

12 hours ago, Golfmann said:

Use notes manager link under the favorites star top left...

I DO wish you could drag and drop in there to arrange things. 

If there's a way, I haven't figured it out.

There are no issues D&Ding in side bar nor favorites list. What version are you using and on what OS?

d&d.png

On 7/21/2017 at 1:18 AM, PHYR said:

There are no issues D&Ding in side bar nor favorites list. What version are you using and on what OS?

d&d.png

It sure doesn't work for me in Notes manager. From the main favorites to a "videos" folder for instance. I can't drag to the folder.

Win 10 pro Mx v5.0.4.3000

Tried with newest, same thing

35 minutes ago, Mario.NET said:

Try to move a group of ten or more favourites in a deep subfolder, as an example: it's quite cumbersome

Using ctrl and/or shift to select and the right click > move to option isn't that bad. Maybe not ideal, but not difficult by any stretch.

3 hours ago, 7twenty said:

Using ctrl and/or shift to select and the right click > move to option isn't that bad. Maybe not ideal, but not difficult by any stretch.

Uh? From where? I can't ctrl- or shift-select anything from maxnote window, or favorites menu...

Sorry if I'm missing something obvious

1 hour ago, Mario.NET said:

I can't ctrl- or shift-select anything from maxnote window, or favorites menu...

Not the favourites menu. In Maxnote.

You can't select folders in the left pane, but fav's and folders can be selected from the right pane using the standard windows key combo's ctrl &/or shift.

The items marked grey were selected using ctrl+left click

MaxthonSnap20170722220611.png

47 minutes ago, 7twenty said:

Not the favourites menu. In Maxnote.

You can't select folders in the left pane, but fav's and folders can be selected from the right pane using the standard windows key combo's ctrl &/or shift.

The items marked grey were selected using ctrl+left click

MaxthonSnap20170722220611.png

That's odd...

My maxnote is different. And if I click on a folder, I only see a folder icon on the right:

screenshot.52.png

I'm using mx 5.1.0.220 in guest mode

7 hours ago, Mario.NET said:

That's odd...

My maxnote is different. And if I click on a folder, I only see a folder icon on the right:

You're using the pop-up version of Maxnote. For whatever reason it removes the 2nd pane. If you restore it back to the main window (ctrl+G or close button) then it will show like my image.

22 hours ago, 7twenty said:

You're using the pop-up version of Maxnote. For whatever reason it removes the 2nd pane. If you restore it back to the main window (ctrl+G or close button) then it will show like my image.

Cannot confirm

If I use the main maxnote window, its even worse: same layout, but without the icons

(I clicked on the 'man with the hat' icon, instead of hitting ctrl+g)

screenshot.53.png

1 hour ago, Mario.NET said:

Cannot confirm

If I use the main maxnote window, its even worse: same layout, but without the icons

(I clicked on the 'man with the hat' icon, instead of hitting ctrl+g)

Select a different folder from the chevron next to From Mx4

m4.png

4 hours ago, Mario.NET said:

Cannot confirm

Are you using a skin of some sort? The only reason the icons won't show is if there's a problem and they can't be found. And i'm thinking that it could be related to that. It's definitely not doing what it's supposed to.

Test using a portable version.

If that shows correctly, then copy the page.dat file from the portable version into your original install. Or copy over your userdata into the portable version.

And just out of curiosity, click as shown below. It should return it to the standard 3 pane view.
Untitled.png

6 hours ago, 7twenty said:

Are you using a skin of some sort? The only reason the icons won't show is if there's a problem and they can't be found. And i'm thinking that it could be related to that. It's definitely not doing what it's supposed to.

Test using a portable version.

If that shows correctly, then copy the page.dat file from the portable version into your original install. Or copy over your userdata into the portable version.

And just out of curiosity, click as shown below. It should return it to the standard 3 pane view.
Untitled.png

You're right! There's a button there! Now I see three panes

I'm not using a custom skin. If I open maxnote in popup version, the icons are present

Portable version works the same. Feel free to ask if I can do more troubleshooting

Thanks

23 minutes ago, Mario.NET said:

Is it possible to launch the portable version without automatically importing existing favorites?

rename the %appdata%\maxthon5 folder to something else eg. mx5

Portable shouldn't find any existing profiles and will start completely clean.

25 minutes ago, Mario.NET said:

No, because the portable version has the same behavior

Well that is odd? The userdata shouldn't affect that, as the data for the skin files isn't anything that's sync'd.

There's definitely something odd going on with your install.

1 hour ago, 7twenty said:

rename the %appdata%\maxthon5 folder to something else eg. mx5

Portable shouldn't find any existing profiles and will start completely clean.

Well that is odd? The userdata shouldn't affect that, as the data for the skin files isn't anything that's sync'd.

There's definitely something odd going on with your install.

Ok, I tried to rename my %appdata%/maxthon5 folder and then start the portable version

No favorites imported, but the problem remains: icons in maxnote show up only in popup mode

I give up for now: I'll keep checking this on next versions

Thanks for helping, 7twenty

Archived