Settings usability suggestion

Every time I try to find the URL shortcuts,  I search first in the "Shortcut" category, but it is not there... why not?  They are shortcuts. 

And the same happens to me when I try to find the search engine shortcuts..  (EDIT2: since it might be correct where it is now)

I am sure more people is having the same concern than me.

See attachments. 

Thanks,

EDIT: also the shortcut bar!

MaxthonSnap20170710233003.png

MaxthonSnap20170710233539.png

The Gestures & Shortcuts page is for mouse gestures and keyboard shortcuts, not what you are looking for. I realize that there are some inconsistencies in terminology in the settings (such as URL aliases referred to as "shortcuts" in one place and aliases in another) which leads to some confusion. But the "shortcut bar " is actually the Favorites bar and URL "shortcuts" are actually aliases, so that is why I would guess that they don't appear on the Gestures & Shortcut settings page. Just my observation.

You can always just search for shortcut. Any setting that has it in the description will show.

And while you are right to some degree, the search options for example, aren't just for the shortcuts/alias's, it's also to manage the search engine list. And seeing as search is a major feature it makes sense that it's under General.

17 hours ago, 7twenty said:

You can always just search for shortcut. Any setting that has it in the description will show.

And while you are right to some degree, the search options for example, aren't just for the shortcuts/alias's, it's also to manage the search engine list. And seeing as search is a major feature it makes sense that it's under General.

You are right. In earlier versions of maxthon the search in Settings didn't exist and I am not used to it (I mean, I always ignore it is there). I will try to use it more from now on. Thanks!

Also I can agree with your point of view of the search options, actually I doubted to put it there too. Just ignore that part hehe ( I edited my original post). But the Navigation alias shortcuts should be no doubt :)

19 hours ago, 7twenty said:

It's actually been there since MX3. But like you, i find myself ignoring it most of the time as well.

Here you have an old user, using maxthon since it was called MyIE ! ;)    hehehe 

Archived