Facebook Log in Page

Everything was working fine, but now the following message appears (again): False Message.jpg

Sometimes instead of "Trend Micro" it will say "Kaspray" (or however it is spelled). This is a false message attempting to get personal data.  If I go into FaceBook with Vivaldi I don't get that message.  In the past when this message has appeared I ran malwarebytes (adware and the regular), and with no problem got into facebook without that message.  Other times I d/l the most recent stable version of Maxthon (Currently I am using: 5.0.4.3000), and the message would go away.  This is a rogue program that has found a way to hide in maxthon (as well as ie; edge, chrome; and other browsers.  Apparently, these browsers are using the same basic platform.  Does maxthon have it's own tool that can scan the browser and find the hidden virus?  Probably when the next stable version comes out this problem will go away again, as it has in the past. Common sense knows that it is impossible for any site to "know" you are infected with "malicious software" unless they do a scan.  And there is no software that can do an instantaneous scan as soon as you get to their site.  Besides that they would be doing it without your permission.  We know it takes minutes or even hours to do a complete scan of your system; and yet Facebook knows just as soon as you hit their site you have a virus????????????  This is not a Facebook message, it is a scammers message.  Oh, Facebook is in my QA so it bypasses the sign in page........but now it suddenly goes there.  Vivaldi, has a QA and still bypasses this log in page.  So it appears somebody is attacking maxthon QA, and diverting it to Facebook sign in page; then diverts it to their fake page.

After reading up on this a little it seems it's somewhat of a Facebook mandated "scam".

While I can't say any of this will work for sure the general fix seems to be one or more of the following.

Clear cache/cookies:
Use the Maxthon menu option (which will delete all cookies on all sites)

OR

F12 > application tab > Clear storage > make sure at least the "storage" options are selected > clear site data
I'd just tick all the options and clear it all just to make sure.
MaxthonSnap20170704091314.png

Try changing your useragent. Any one of the default ones. Probably a non-Chrome one, or just try removing the Chrome/xxxxx string from it.

Clear your temp folder data:
Make sure Maxthon is closed.
Open an Explorer window and type %temp% into the address bar > Delete all the files. If any won't delete just skip them.

Hopefully that helps.

When I go to "Clear Browsing Data" there is a box for "Cookeies" ..but it says not recommended. So I am not sure if this was what you were referring to or not.  Also I am not sure how you got to the screen shot you show.  When I press the F-12 key I get the following:   F-12 key.jpg

That don't look like the screen shot you show.  So how did you get to the screen you show?

you can trust 7twenty.

you can clear all browser data ( i say all ) and nothing wrong will happen. so cookies are just here to help you when you browse the web, the world will not collapse if you delete all.

maybe there is one one two unwanted and poisoned cookie but the best is to delete all and all the other data.

not related to maxthon and not part of maxthon, usually this is an unwanted link somewhere or a redirection . try a tool for unwanted software, a adwcleaner like

and find hints on not what to do when you are browsing or downloading

8 hours ago, nevergetany said:

That don't look like the screen shot you show.  So how did you get to the screen you show?

I didn't see that you're using an older version. For 5.0.4.3000:
MaxthonSnap20170704230315.png

Go to facebook.com.

F12 > Resources > Cookies > right click on the site (should be facebook.com in your case) > clear

Do it for all the instances that show under that cookies section.

Also make sure you do the other things mentioned above as well.

8 hours ago, nevergetany said:

When I go to "Clear Browsing Data" there is a box for "Cookeies" ..but it says not recommended. So I am not sure if this was what you were referring to or not.

Yes, that's the one. You can do it from the Clear Browsing Data menu option BUT you will lose cookies for all sites (so saved logins, shopping carts, details entered etc). That's the only reason i'd recommend going through developer tools as shown above.

Would be nice for the dev's to add a better cookies options for users (chrome's implementation is good!)... but it seems they'd rather turn MX into a media browser.

2 hours ago, karajan said:

you can trust 7twenty.

you can clear all browser data ( i say all ) and nothing wrong will happen. so cookies are just here to help you when you browse the web, the world will not collapse if you delete all.

maybe there is one one two unwanted and poisoned cookie but the best is to delete all and all the other data.

not related to maxthon and not part of maxthon, usually this is an unwanted link somewhere or a redirection . try a tool for unwanted software, a adwcleaner like

and find hints on not what to do when you are browsing or downloading

I did use malwarebytes adwcleaner as well as malwarebytes and junkcleaner.  I have used those in the past and they did eliminate the problem. This time they didn't.  When I d/l anything I will use "custom" so I don't d/l 3rd party software.  When I need to uninstall software I use "REVO" as it does a better job on option "4".  Sometimes I have to use Microsoft uninstall, but it leaves traces behind.  I only use Microsoft uninstall because Revo didn't have the software listed. And you are correct about the cookies.  When I used ie browser there were times I would have to "clean out" all the cookies, and temp files.  When you revisited the site the cookies came back.

2 hours ago, 7twenty said:

I didn't see that you're using an older version. For 5.0.4.3000:
MaxthonSnap20170704230315.png

Go to facebook.com.

F12 > Resources > Cookies > right click on the site (should be facebook.com in your case) > clear

Do it for all the instances that show under that cookies section.

Also make sure you do the other things mentioned above as well.

Yes, that's the one. You can do it from the Clear Browsing Data menu option BUT you will lose cookies for all sites (so saved logins, shopping carts, details entered etc). That's the only reason i'd recommend going through developer tools as shown above.

Would be nice for the dev's to add a better cookies options for users (chrome's implementation is good!)... but it seems they'd rather turn MX into a media browser.

I thought 5.0.4.3000 was the most recent stable version of maxthon.  So what is the most recent stable version of Maxthon?  I didn't know 5.0.4.3000 was an old version.  When I go to "About" it says I am up to date.

Anyway, I went to facebook.com; pressed F-12; went to resources; right clicked on facebook.com, and came up with the following screen: 

F-12 Facebook page.jpg

That shows there are no cookies to delete. As you pointed out if I use clear browsing data function it would delete my passwords from all sites........don't want to do that.  So what do I do now?

This and this as stated in my original post:

Try changing your useragent. Any one of the default ones. Probably a non-Chrome one, or just try removing the Chrome/xxxxx string from it.

Clear your temp folder data:
Make sure Maxthon is closed.
Open an Explorer window and type %temp% into the address bar > Delete all the files. If any won't delete just skip them.

6 minutes ago, nevergetany said:

That shows there are no cookies to delete.

That is odd. Is it the same on staticxx.facebook.com?

9 minutes ago, nevergetany said:

it would delete my passwords from all sites........don't want to do that.

It will just delete auto-logins like the Maxthon forum etc so you'll need to login again. Any passwords saved in Passkeeper will still be there and can be used to login as usual.

Probably should have been a little clearer about that .

5 minutes ago, nevergetany said:

I thought 5.0.4.3000 was the most recent stable version of maxthon.

It is. The 5.1 versions are available as betas.

2 hours ago, PHYR said:

I don't think he uses an account.

And why in the world promote dev tools use over "Clear browser data"? Over complicated to use dev tools over it.

Whether he uses an account is irrelevant. Nothing to do with what the issue is or the above suggested fixes.

As to using dev tools, yeah maybe you're right. I was trying to make his life easier so he doesn't lose a buttload of cookies (which is something that I always found extremely annoying). But maybe in some cases it's best to just go with the simplest solution, albeit not the most practical.

As far as overly complicated... I don't think so, it's like 3 clicks and the instructions are pretty straight forward.

8 hours ago, 7twenty said:

This and this as stated in my original post:

That is odd. Is it the same on staticxx.facebook.com?

It will just delete auto-logins like the Maxthon forum etc so you'll need to login again. Any passwords saved in Passkeeper will still be there and can be used to login as usual.

Probably should have been a little clearer about that .

It is. The 5.1 versions are available as betas.

says the same thing on staticxx facebook.com......no cookies

A strange thing has happened. As you are aware I kept getting that bogus malware message. After I erased all my cookies, it effected Facebook game-room.  I had to login to game-room, and since the "cookies" were gone, I was sent to the logon page, where I met the bogus malware page.  Today, I decided to "uninstall" game-room with REVO using option 4 (that cleans the registry). (It does a much better job than Microsoft control panel).  Tonight, I noticed the game-room Icon was still in the tray, so for kicks, I pressed it and of course got an error message, but it still sent me to a sign in page.  I signed in with my email and it  said my email was invalid. So I put it in again, the email vanished. I put my password in, and was sent to the Facebook sign in page. I filled in the email, and password, and went straight to Facebook........no bogus malware message. (Before I erased the "cookies" I would press the game-room icon, and go straight into the game-room.  I have no idea what happened.  But for right now  it seems all is right again.  Not sure what will happen when I re-install game room again.  Maybe there was a diversion virus in the registry (from game-room???) that caused the problem getting into Facebook. Maybe when I used REVO (option 4) on game-room, it removed the problem in the registry.  I'm confused, and don't know what happened to cause the problem, or what happened to get rid of the problem..........well for right now  anyway.  Today I even d/l and installed 2 separate browsers. Put Facebook in the search engine, clicked on it, and it took me to the Facebook sign in page.  When I filled that out, it took me to the bogus malware page.  I un-installed both of the browsers (Maxthon is 10 million times better anyway).  It appears that some little virus hid away somewhere in the registry undetected by malwarebyest AdCleaner; and Malwarebytes, as well as my net provider security...Frontier.  So I'm thinking that probably REVO unistaller saved the day. 

Archived