White "flash" when switching tabs

Anyone notice or have an issue where when switching tabs you get a flash of white before the new tab shows?

If you switch between two tabs that have recently been opened there's no problem. But switch to one that's been left open for a while then you see the problem.

Another way to check is quickly ctrl-tab through the tabs, you'll get white screens on any tabs that will cause the problem, while others will display the page properly.

The tab switching seems to be faster than previous releases where there seemed to be a delay after clicking a tab, but now the white flash is quite annoying.

Video attached.

There's only one evident white flash towards the start (at about 2secs into the video). Video has also been slowed down a little make it a little more evident. Although the other tab switches also showed it, i think the slow frame rate may have dropped those ones.

Will try and get a better one at some stage.

white flash.mkv

3 hours ago, No.1MaxthonFan said:

Can't see it happening on my end.  Tried both of your examples and no "white page" when switching tabs.  Clean install of 5.1.0.1800 on Windows 10 Build 16226.

I see the issue after 10 or fifteen minutes of having opened theverge, engadget and gizmodo. Using right click wheel to switch tabs it is evident that the screen is white before seeing contents of the page.

6 hours ago, PHYR said:

I see the issue after 10 or fifteen minutes of having opened theverge, engadget and gizmodo. Using right click wheel to switch tabs it is evident that the screen is white before seeing contents of the page.

I'll try those 3 with the new Build 16232 and see if I can duplicate what you are seeing.

EDIT:  Have had those three sites open since posting the above and still have not been able to duplicate what you are seeing using either of your two methods.  Sorry.

post3dmg4_zps398d3651.jpgWindows 10 64-bit build 10525/Windows 10 Mobile build 10512

• 1 month later...
18 hours ago, 7twenty said:

Still happening in 5.1.1.300

I can reproduce this issue on my MX5 browser, and I've tried the same thing on Chrome, the result is same. oh Seems that's a common issue

Developer told me that's quite normal issue, simply speaking~  The browser is "recycling tabs"(when there exist too much tabs). The browser need to recycling these tabs to release more storage, or it will become very very slow... During this process, the flash of white screen may appear. 

I understand it's annoying if the flash of white always shown on screen..  Maybe open less tabs can avoid that problem.

10 hours ago, BugSir006 said:

I can reproduce this issue on my MX5 browser, and I've tried the same thing on Chrome, the result is same. oh Seems that's a common issue

Developer told me that's quite normal issue, simply speaking~  The browser is "recycling tabs"(when there exist too much tabs). The browser need to recycling these tabs to release more storage, or it will become very very slow... During this process, the flash of white screen may appear. 

I understand it's annoying if the flash of white always shown on screen..  Maybe open less tabs can avoid that problem.

I think I've seen the fash with only two tabs.  But it's not reay bothered me, so I didn't see any need to post.

Have you tried any other browsers or is it just a Chrom/Chromium/CEF/MX core probem?

<<SL>>

On 18/08/2017 at 5:33 AM, SnowLeopard said:

I think I've seen the fash with only two tabs.  But it's not reay bothered me, so I didn't see any need to post.

Haven't done enough testing to see when it starts happening, but when doing some quick tests using only about 5 or 6 tabs it was happening as well.

Considering MX currently has 45 processes open, and using ~2gb+ of RAM, I can't see why it needs to be refreshing the drawing of the pages that causes this.

Currently testing with Chrome and it has 11 processes running and about 1gb in use. And while some of the content does seem to redraw on the page, the background colour of the page stays constant. So you don't get a blinding white flash when switching between 2 black webpages.

And before someone chimes in with "MX is too heavy/uses too much resources/too many processes" comparing the above:
1/ this session has been open for probably 5-7days and used daily
2/ i currently have 26 tabs open, but this has varied between between 10 > 30+
3/ youtube/facebook/ebay/streaming music sites have been open constantly during this time (all notorious for being heavy sites)
4/ mx hasn't crashed or even slowed that I can tell. It's been as stable as you'd expect it to be.

Archived