Administrative Privs

(Windows 10 32-bit)

I have an account for my son on his computer and he doesn't have administrative control.  Every time I try to run maxthon it asks me (as an admin) for my password.  Which means every time he wants to go online I need to enter my password.  Super inconvenient.  What's the fix?

you got an account for your son ( maxton account?)

on his computer he got a guest or family account ( windows ) that's what you try to say with : no administrative control

everytime you have to enter your password ( maxthon account password or windows admin password? )

if maxthon register the password so you'll never be asked; if windows i don't know what to say at first sight, i use maxthon portable on a computer with windows guest account and with a personal maxthon account and no trouble

19 hours ago, klear6 said:

(Windows 10 32-bit)

I have an account for my son on his computer and he doesn't have administrative control.  Every time I try to run maxthon it asks me (as an admin) for my password.  Which means every time he wants to go online I need to enter my password.  Super inconvenient.  What's the fix?

Right click on the Maxthon executable, then on Properties, then click on Compatibility and check the "Run this program as an Administrator".  Click Apply then OK.

post3dmg4_zps398d3651.jpgWindows 10 64-bit build 10525/Windows 10 Mobile build 10512

9 hours ago, No.1MaxthonFan said:

Right click on the Maxthon executable, then on Properties, then click on Compatibility and check the "Run this program as an Administrator".  Click Apply then OK.

That stop the prompt. Although i'm unsure whether the OP wants to just remove the prompt or stop Maxthon from having Admin access.

And in saying that, why does MX need admin access?

Archived