Reload Opens Tabs, and Change Default Search

6 hours ago, RBraverman said:

Is there a way to do these:

1. Change the default Search Engine?

2. Force it to Reload all open tabs at each launch/crash?

Thanks.

Are you referring to android M5 or M4? You can change search engine in both in settings. M5 can be set to open last page(s) in settings > web view. I don't remember if that was possible in M4.

1 hour ago, PHYR said:

Are you referring to android M5 or M4? You can change search engine in both in settings. M5 can be set to open last page(s) in settings > web view. I don't remember if that was possible in M4.

Well, not quite understanding what you are asking, it's V4.3/Android/Tablet Version (at least that is what it said on Googles Play Store. I can not find a web view.

FWIW I can not find a version higher, nor when it checks for an update, there is none. I'd like to use this, but almost everytime it is 'minimized' when I bring it back, there are no tabs - everything is lost.

3 hours ago, RBraverman said:

Well, not quite understanding what you are asking, it's V4.3/Android/Tablet Version (at least that is what it said on Googles Play Store. I can not find a web view.

FWIW I can not find a version higher, nor when it checks for an update, there is none. I'd like to use this, but almost everytime it is 'minimized' when I bring it back, there are no tabs - everything is lost.

FWIW, the new M5 that 7Twenty points you to in the previous post is great(but not the most recent). Problems I was having with M5 appear to have been related to my OS, an old android 4.1, which has also been fixed in the latest release, M5.0.5.3038 

http://forum.maxthon.com/index.php?/release-notes5/ Check bottom of page for android releases

@Devs or anyone who can improve the android notifications in the forum. Bugsir posts a link with release notes at the top of the forum main page. Cool. Now try to copy that link and post it here in the forum, not so cool. It opens a page with all pc and android releases which will soon be pushed back to the second page of that thread. Surely there is a better way to access his initial posts. Although I assume this method does facilitate Bugsirs workload, it is less then user friendly.

Edit: Uhm, one thought might be to list the latest version of each OS at the top of the page. And the other, and probably simpler, is to separate the OSes completely.

1 hour ago, PHYR said:

FWIW, the new M5 that 7Twenty points you to in the previous post is great(but not the most recent). ...fixed in the latest release, M5.0.5.3038 

http://forum.maxthon.com/index.php?/release-notes5/ Check bottom of page for android releases

I think most users would be more comfortable installing from the Google Play Store, rather than downloading and installing from here. That's the reason the store link was provided.

Latest version shouldn't be too far off coming to the store based on previous releases.

1 hour ago, PHYR said:

Surely there is a better way to access his initial posts

You can get the direct link by right clicking the version number tab on the left > properties > copy/pasting.

But you're right, all the platforms should have their own page. I just noticed there's also iOS and Mac releases at the end of the 2nd page. Not user friendly at all.

I think, although points made, this wandered off to what I was needing ... but I guess that's what forums and BBS's are for eh?

I tried Mx5 and DID NOT like it. Everything is white. My notification bar, the status bar (top/bottom) looks as if it's part of the browser. All I need - as my tablet is older, although with as new ROM much faster - is a lightweight browser, that does tabs and opens them when/if it crashes.

4.3 looked nice but losing my open tabs is not an option.

BUT I do agree there needs to be a section for android - as this has not been moved I'm thinking there isn't one.

19 hours ago, RBraverman said:
1 hour ago, RBraverman said:

I tried Mx5 and DID NOT like it. Everything is white. My notification bar, the status bar (top/bottom) looks as if it's part of the browser. All I need - as my tablet is older, although with as new ROM much faster - is a lightweight browser, that does tabs and opens them when/if it crashes.

Or everything is black and it does tabs and I think it opens crashed tabs too, but I haven't had it crash yet, so I'm not sure.

evrything is black.png

I think, although points made, this wandered off to what I was needing ... but I guess that's what forums and BBS's are for eh?

4.3 looked nice but losing my open tabs is not an option.

BUT I do agree there needs to be a section for android - as this has not been moved I'm thinking there isn't one.

2 hours ago, PHYR said:

Or everything is black and it does tabs and I think it opens crashed tabs too, but I haven't had it crash yet, so I'm not sure.

evrything is black.png

That would drive me nuts - can't tell you why though .... guess I need separation between the system and the app.

Can this be done? Then I could actually give it run.

1 hour ago, RBraverman said:

That would drive me nuts - can't tell you why though .... guess I need separation between the system and the app.

Can this be done? Then I could actually give it run.

I use auto fullscreen, can't be seen at all until you scroll up again. Settings > web view

Archived